No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Gives Canelo a Shot, But Picks Mayweather To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
    You're right he has seen everything in boxing, just wish he would have fought fought everything. Floyd hasn't beat anyone by embarrassment since Gatti, and that was about a decade ago.
    And Gatti was worn out and washed up

Comment

You're right he has seen everything in boxing, just wish he would have fought fought everything. Floyd hasn't beat anyone by embarrassment since Gatti, and that was about a decade ago.
      did you see the guerrero fight? and its getting ready to happen again sept 14th.

Comment

At this point in the build up I am agreement with Chavez's assessment. I want Canelo to knock jr OUT !!

That would be a sure win for Canelo

Showtime has a lot of money on JR

If its half way close the judges will be in favor of JR

IF its obvious that Canelo got it , they will give it to JR

its coming down to who can generate the money

Oh my I thought I would never give in to say that

I have always loved the sport since I was a kid and when MMA and IFC or whatever it is, came around I thought it would flop

Boxing is on the flop

What keeps it alive for me are real fighters in it for titles and glory,,,,,,they will get their money, its their prize

Comment

Originally posted by SaldanaCC View Post
          Everybody has a shot its boxing all it takes is one shot to the chin but the fact its floyd changes everything that chance turns into a tiny window that has never been cracked in 17 yrs so until then u cant truely say someone has a shot against floyd and mean it.
          An to those sayin canelo is hand picked u cant be seriouse who would make a better fight????......dont worry ill wait????.....An please dont tell me pacman mr nyquil himself!!!!!
          IF JR had fought all comers , sought them out and whupped them in the ring, didn't duck nor cherry pick, didn't seek out little guys or wee little guys to embarrass them and "make himself look good", and especially signed every legit threat over the last 8 years I would agree with you.

Comment

He embarrassed Marquez and Hatton. Guerrero was close too, it never looked like he had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
              He embarrassed Marquez and Hatton. Guerrero was close too, it never looked like he had a chance.
              in mayweather's favorite quote "easy money"... lol.. yeah cause it was easy pickings.. I don't knock jr's skills I've always knocked his choice of opposition.. he could of shut a lot of haters and critics by taking margarita over baldo.. or even Judah.. he could of man up and fough manny when he gave in by taking less and eventually agreeing to all testing.. instead sighting health concerns.. but yet he's willing to face a young hungry kid that's going to outweigh him by 10-15.. and that's not a risk?

I just hope it's a good fight.. cause jr has a tendency to promise best fights and wars.. and sells FOY type of fight.. and delivers a glorified sparring match!

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                IF JR had fought all comers , sought them out and whupped them in the ring, didn't duck nor cherry pick, didn't seek out little guys or wee little guys to embarrass them and "make himself look good", and especially signed every legit threat over the last 8 years I would agree with you.
                since fighting DLH he has fought five fighters that were at the time on the top P4P list
                -hatton #8 P4Pand undefeated
                -marquez #2 P4P
                -mosley #3 P4P
                -ortiz not ranked
                -cotto #8 P4P and #1 JR MW
                -guerrero #10 P4P and mandatory contender

you also have to factor in that he cant fight top rank fighters... which isnt his fault... arum won't work with outsiders... it's been at least 5 years since GBP/Mayweather has done a fight with TR... the dude fought 5 P4P fighters that were in or around his weight class...

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  chavez jr said that mayweather has never faced anybody like alvarez. he's high. mayweather has seen everything in boxing expecially alvarez's style his entire career. alvarez is the one that has never faced anybody like mayweather, because there's nobody like him period.money wins by embarrassment.
                  Yeah, he hasnīt face anyone like Floyd. He hasnīt faced a boring coward who only wins by hugging, running, pushing, and jabbing.

Comment

if only canelo has great stamina

Comment

Originally posted by louisiaaron View Post
                      since fighting DLH he has fought five fighters that were at the time on the top P4P list
                      -hatton #8 P4Pand undefeated
                      -marquez #2 P4P
                      -mosley #3 P4P
                      -ortiz not ranked
                      -cotto #8 P4P and #1 JR MW
                      -guerrero #10 P4P and mandatory contender

you also have to factor in that he cant fight top rank fighters... which isnt his fault... arum won't work with outsiders... it's been at least 5 years since GBP/Mayweather has done a fight with TR... the dude fought 5 P4P fighters that were in or around his weight class...
                      Listen ignorant, Hatton was never good. Marquez was too small back then and Floyd never hurt him, Mosley wobbled him twice, Ortizīs fight was a joke, Cotto wasnīt the same after Margarito whopped his culoand still the fight was close, Guerrero chased him and just lost a UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X