Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Former Kickboxer - Rumor or Fact?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was a box kicker.

Comment

Maybe he started training as a kickboxer but quickly switched to boxing?

Comment

Don't know when the story of Pac was a kick boxer began but i do remember the late Steward mentioning it. He said Pac's calves were due to him starting kick boxing at a young age and referring Pac's country that it was normal to start kick boxing as a kid/teen. I believed he confused Pac's country, Philippines, with Thailand. Young kids start out to train in the art of Muay Thai.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
          Don't know when the story of Pac was a kick boxer began but i do remember the late Steward mentioning it. He said Pac's calves were due to him starting kick boxing at a young age and referring Pac's country that it was normal to start kick boxing as a kid/teen. I believed he confused Pac's country, Philippines, with Thailand. Young kids start out to train in the art of Muay Thai.
          lol, possibly.

Comment

when he went to manila, the rich people in manila use to kick him because he was poor

Comment

If there's no mention of it from a reliable source then i doubt he was.

Comment

Probably. I'm sure other martial arts have an imprint there, so before Pacquiao became Pacquiao trying other martial arts wouldn't have been past him as long as he could get money and eat.

Comment

Working...
                X