Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RL_GMA

I kinda believe Donaire here. He made mention of wanting Mares immediately after his last fight and that the promoters need to situate that and make it happen as he's stated (with Arum right beside him during the interview) that he's been asking for the fight. I think he knows he can beat Mares. I made mention of the fact that if people outside both Mares and Donaire's circle are seeing a contract made up from Golden Boy to fight Donaire, how genuine is it? How many contracts to do we see floating around the net for the public to see before anything is even signed?

I can understand how people think Bob Arum is a snake (which he is), but Oscar and GBP are Saints? LOL...they're all promoters at the end of the day.

The only ones who say Bob Arum is the worst of the worst are flom0s because Mayweather jr said so.

Arum is just like any other promoter, they are all self centered and in business for themselves, don't be fooled people, Golden Boy is actually the guys who started this crap, they are the ones with Mayweather that were starting rumors of Pac on steroids, and talking crap about Arum.

Arum has no problem doingt business with other promoters, his problem is when guys talk crap like Richard and Oscar and act the way they do talking about we will crush top rank, arum is this and that.

Arum and Oscar sqaushed their beef before, but Oscar and Richard brought it back up again, people need to remember its not only Arum who is the bad gu.
    uh oh the first confirmed arumtard smh...read his lips he does not want GBP involved

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

and he never was gonna make the FMW MP fight either not with GBP involved anyway

Comment

if boxing fans would analyze this conflict with the other fight that never happened

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Immediately after the Arce fight he told Kellerman right in front of Arum that hes been asking for the Mares fight with Arum having a puss face on him. Donaire nor Mares are really the issue here. He even said Mares is a better fight than Rigo based on styles in the same interview. Besides literally putting a gun to either Arum or Oscar / Schaeffer's heads, what's he supposed to do? Be like Gamboa and not fight for a year and half?
          yeah chavez jr had to go through all kinds of **** to fight sergio. Chavez jr was saying that Arum was giving him an ultimatum of requiring him to sign a contract extension or he wouldnt make the sergio fight. I dont know what ever became of that but thats ****ed up.

Comment

3 million dollars isn't anything for a fight like that. 3 Million wasn't Nonito's share, that was the total that TR was going to get. Taxes come out of that, then 1+ million goes to Nonito, then Arum pays back what he had to invest up front for licensing, travel to media events, and doctor fees.

When it's all said and done, TR would net like 300K while GBP makes millions upon millions. It doesn't make financial sense to me based on what that contract had in it.
            Arum is a rat but he is a greedy, rich rat. He knows what makes sense.....and what makes sense is making money. He'll have Donaire fight Darchinyan and make tons of money. Crap fight but it's good for him, he would have made much more having Rigo fight Donaire but Rigo is messing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              If the problems with the contract pointed out in the article are bogus, then I'm fully open to the explanations as to why that's the case.
              If there were issues with that contract Top Rank could have just come back with a counter offer to resolve them. Why didn't they?

Also...why don't you mention the problems with TR's lowball offers to Mares? Those happened prior to this contract.

Comment

If the date was such an issue then make a counter offer that secured a date that you wanted Nonito.
                How is Arum able to convince these guys that making less money is somehow a good thing for them? He made Donaire believe his biggest payday isn't worth having a Golden Boy logo above the ring. He made Pacquiao that he shouldn't be a part in what would have been the richest fight in the history of the sport.
                Is Arum a master of hypnotism or something????

Comment

Working...
                X