Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook on Saldivia Bout: I'll Be at My Very Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kell Brook on Saldivia Bout: I'll Be at My Very Best!

Kell Brook faces one last stepping stone to a welterweight world title shot after the IBF ordered a final eliminator between him and Argentinian Hector Saldivia.

The unbeaten Sheffield fighter will face the South American on home turf at the Motorpoint Arena in October 20 with the winner taking the body's mandatory challenger spot.

Brook is under pressure to perform having struggled in his points win over Carson Jones last month.

Saldivia is ranked in the IBF's top five and has a 41-2 record, with 32 early wins, with Brook at 28-0 (18). [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to this one I must say. Kell now has an air of vulnerability after Carson, which makes this one quite interesting...

Comment

Kell, I'm getting tired of waiting to see you in with the big boys. Time to take of those training wheels & get that money!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Kell, I'm getting tired of waiting to see you in with the big boys. Time to take of those training wheels & get that money!!
        I agree with this to a degree but it's not his fault he hasn't stepped up yet. Until he has a belt he hasn't got anything to bring the big boys to the table. For some reason he has been made to jump through hoops to get the belt, when there are others not too far away from him that were handed relatively easy paths to title fights and belts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarlos83 View Post
          I agree with this to a degree but it's not his fault he hasn't stepped up yet. Until he has a belt he hasn't got anything to bring the big boys to the table. For some reason he has been made to jump through hoops to get the belt, when there are others not too far away from him that were handed relatively easy paths to title fights and belts!!!!
          What hoops? Carson jones? His only somewhat notable fight. He knows that the hearns are doing right by him by not feeding him to the lions too early. Alexander, Bradley or even Bailey would beat the shìt outta him atm he's got no defense!

Comment

Kell is 26, he needs to start stepping up.

Comment

Kell the mando for the winner of Alexander-Bailey.

So its a necessary fight if not a challenging one.

Comment

Originally posted by golden247 View Post
                What hoops? Carson jones? His only somewhat notable fight. He knows that the hearns are doing right by him by not feeding him to the lions too early. Alexander, Bradley or even Bailey would beat the shìt outta him atm he's got no defense!
                He was originally told that Carson Jones would be the final eliminator for the title fight, which would have put him in with Randall Bailey, and then that was changed to being an eliminator for the final eliminator.
                Devon Alexander is promoted by someone with more money than the Hearns so he has got the title shot instead.
                I don't agree that he would get wupped by both of those guys. I don't neccessarily think he would win those fights but it will be interesting to see him step up.

Comment

Working...
                X