Maxie Rosenbloom Photographs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxie Rosenbloom Photographs

Hello,

Since there seems to be not 1 frame of film of Light Heavyweight Maxie Rosenbloom fighting - I am wondering if anyone has any photographs of him in the ring, boxing, training - (anything other then Hollywood things) they would be willing to scan and share with me.

Thanks!

Sorry no pics but I had to go back to his bio because he was such a tremendous character in his era and one of the most active fighters of all time.
    Participating 298 known pro bouts and being stopped TWICE is unbelievable.
    The names on his record are top guys from 165 to 185 and the repeat opponents are very interesting matches.
    Very tough man and his reputation as a nice man too superceeds him.
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Nysouthpaw View Post
      Hello,

Since there seems to be not 1 frame of film of Light Heavyweight Maxie Rosenbloom fighting - I am wondering if anyone has any photographs of him in the ring, boxing, training - (anything other then Hollywood things) they would be willing to scan and share with me.

Thanks!

Damn you nysouthpaw...I thought you had found some! Maxie is one of my favorites...he had a yogi berra type quality. He once said when he was fighting he would try to take it easy cause someone could get hurt in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Sorry no pics but I had to go back to his bio because he was such a tremendous character in his era and one of the most active fighters of all time.
        Participating 298 known pro bouts and being stopped TWICE is unbelievable.
        The names on his record are top guys from 165 to 185 and the repeat opponents are very interesting matches.
        Very tough man and his reputation as a nice man too superceeds him.
        Ray.
        he had max bauer syndrome: he really had a geniue concern that he would harm his opponent. He actually did say that this was a reason why he wasn't a KO puncher. Ray did he put in much work as a light heavy? If so I might put him up there on that short list with guys like Tunney and Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          he had max bauer syndrome: he really had a geniue concern that he would harm his opponent. He actually did say that this was a reason why he wasn't a KO puncher. Ray did he put in much work as a light heavy? If so I might put him up there on that short list with guys like Tunney and Spinks.
          Top 10 Light Heavy with ease, his resume at 175 is phenomenal.

Maxie with Young Jack Thompson

with his manager Frankie Doyle

Don't think I've seen any of him in the ring but I might be wrong.
          Last edited by NChristo; 10-09-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            Top 10 Light Heavy with ease, his resume at 175 is phenomenal.

Maxie with Young Jack Thompson

with his manager Frankie Doyle

Don't think I've seen any of him in the ring but I might be wrong.
            Thanks Christo

I know max Sugar had some photos he used, but don't remember if they are in the ring or not.

Comment

ok if you guys do this search on google you can find a few photos of slapsi in the ring!

https://www.google.com/search?q=maxi...ZczpWRZ5SMM%3A

Comment

He is considered a Lightheavy and up till a few years before he retired he could still make 175. He made more money at the end of his career at 185+.
                He was thick muscled and physically a strong man from those I knew who knew him. He was trained by Ray Arcel and fought close to 300 bouts in 16 years thats incredible!!!

He was good, he could work in or out and get rough if need be his record
                against top men in his era is very competitive.
                opponents such as;
                Greb
                J. Slattery
                Young Stribbling
                Leo Lomski
                Tiger Flowers
                Bob Goodwin
                Frank Schoel
                Kid Lewis
                James Braddock
                John Henry Lewis
                Lou Scouzza
                Mickey Walker
                many more and all most all of the above were 2 & 5 time opponents.
                Theres only so many top 5 to 8 guys so the rest of the bouts were on the road against the local tough guy or "up & comer".
                ex;
                Battling Bozo fought Maxie in 1930 he was 5-4-2 in 1931 they fought again he was 10-4-2, once again in 1931 he went 21-6-2. Bozo then was turned into an "opponent" and finished his career at 27-30-12 no trainer, no manager
                and no money and partially blind.
                Boxing was a stepping stone for Maxie who did much better than his counter parts after his boxing career was over.
                Ray.

Comment

Interesting, all of Maxie's record isn't on Boxrec.

That's a significant amount of fights that are missing as well, chances are he's still greater then we think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Battling Bozo fought Maxie in 1930 he was 5-4-2 in 1931 they fought again he was 10-4-2, once again in 1931 he went 21-6-2. Bozo then was turned into an "opponent" and finished his career at 27-30-12 no trainer, no manager
                    and no money and partially blind.
                    Boxing was a stepping stone for Maxie who did much better than his counter parts after his boxing career was over.
                    Ray.
                    Been doing some actual reading on Bozo instead of just what's on boxrec and he's actually pretty interesting, quite an odd life he had, he lost eyesight in both of his eyes when he finished his career but he still had money although he was quickly losing it, had 2 operations done on his eyes which never helped unfortunately, was poisoned in 1942 (Article doesn't say much about it but it made the news so must have been something significant I'm guessing), got hit by a car at 1 point but got away from it fine (while blind). He enrolled at the Tennessee Bible College and made what money he could from selling Christmas trees.
                    Last edited by NChristo; 10-10-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X