Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch turned down a fight with Calzaghe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe could be one of the biggest waste of talents ever and that seems strange to say about a two weight world champ who has beaten the likes of a prime undefeated Kessler and beaten a guy like Hopkins who still carried on beating top guys.

The reason i say that is because i actually believe he had the ability to beat anybody, all the big names around his weight classes. He could have been truly great but i'm not sure he has the desire to prove it. Or maybe there's other factors involved but i just think he had even more potential to at some great wins against more top fighters.

He could actually crack too before his hands were shot to pieces.

Comment

You can't really complain this fight wasn't made, they didn't cross prime paths.

Comment

I think Joe would outbox Froch and win a clear UD.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          You can't really complain this fight wasn't made, they didn't cross prime paths.
          Yep, i believe Froch hadn't even fought Pascal by the time Joe had retired. It's a common mis-conception that it's a fight that should have been made. Froch was a domestic fighter coming through when Joe was nearly at the end of his career.

Comment

Does it really matter, anyone with a brain knows Calzaghe would have beat the brakes off Froch.

And I do t it's too unbelievable to think Froch ducked. He's mostly all talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Lots of heart.
              Yes. So true and spot on. Who can forget all of those times Calzaghe showed tremendous heart while facing such adversity against the likes of Tocker Pudwill and Mario Viet. Its rare to see heart displayed like this in boxing.

Most people only watched his late fights, when his hands were wrecked, and remember him for not hitting heavy but that's really their ignorance and their loss.
              Spot on again man you are on fire today! This is so ****ing true, man, it's not even funny. Early on in his career he was a powerhouse, knocking out opponents left and right with sledgehammer fists.

Just take a look at my sig, where we see the Calzaghe's revolutionizing the heavy bag by throwing 9,000 one inch punches in 6 seconds flat. They went through heavy bags like underwear.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 10-03-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Yes. So true and spot on. Who can forget all of those times Calzaghe showed tremendous heart while facing such adversity against the likes of Tocker Pudwill and Mario Viet. Its rare to see heart displayed like this in boxing.

Spot on again man you are on fire today! This is so ****ing true, man, it's not even funny. Early on in his career he was a powerhouse, knocking out opponents left and right with sledgehammer fists.

Just take a look at my sig, where we see the Calzaghe's revolutionizing the heavy bag by throwing 9,000 one inch punches in 6 seconds flat. They went through heavy bags like underwear.

Chris Eubank said the hardest he's ever been hit was the shot a young Calzaghe dropped him with in the first round. I'll take his and others opinion of yours, since they took the shots.

He also dropped Hopkins with a body shot with shot hands and Hopkins faked a low blow. And i say that as a huge Hopkins fan.

He did have power but he couldn't put much into 99% of his shots because his hands were a wreck.

Comment

Hopkins quit against Calzaghe. Should have been a TKO.

Comment

He would have humiliated froch.

Comment

Is this the reason Joe turned down Froch when he was his mandatory then ?

Comment

Working...
                      X