Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the DC superhero movie universe wont be as good as marvels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC won't work as well because other than Batman they don't have many interesting characters.

What DC does have going for them is the Marvel movies all have the same formula, and at least for me it's gotten old. Civil War will be the last good Marvel movie imo because Cap may die.

Some people like Superman, I have always hated him. BvsSM looks interesting enough. The build up actually makes sense in the trailer.

Comment

Bump...

Batman vs superman is coming up in a few weeks..

I'm hoping it's good... I still say that DC is rushing it by adding in all these side characters like wonder women, aquaman, doomsday, lex, etc
      Plus I don't like how it's a young superman and a semi retired old batman.. Too much of an age gap... They should have had a young superman, and a 30something batman who's been batman for several years and still in his prime.. You would think DC would want to mine batman's career, and not start at the end of it..

I hope the movie does well, and am also stoked to see suicide squad

Comment

Can someone explains to me what reasonable man would die in front of his family for a dog? That scene in MOS always bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          Can someone explains to me what reasonable man would die in front of his family for a dog? That scene in MOS always bothered me.
          About half the forum if it was Bossy.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            Also wouldn't make the best or longest of films if Batman called Superman a ****
            Maybe I'm childish, but this made me lol.

I think the best superhero movies are probably the Nolan Batman movies (well, the first two, anyway. When we get to Bruce Wayne walking after having his spine punched back into place and then chatting shit while he's got a ticking nuclear bomb about to go off, it's gone a little too far).

Although signs are good regarding Affleck, you've still got the problem that this is supposed to be (presumably) the Nolan Batman, just played by a different actor, so you've got a character that was very popular at the box office, not played by the same person. It's like doing a trilogy of movies with Scarlet Johannsen with her juicy ******* out, then going "we're doing a fourth.... but this time she'll be played by Bossy." Other than 90% of this forum, no one's going to want to wank to that.

As for his part in the deal, then I didn't have that many problems with Man Of Steel (apart from the ****ing HUGE plot hole that Superman defeats Zod by bursting his suit, thus making him confused when he gets super hearing/heat vision, etc. Zod's like "****ing Hell, I dunno where I am, yer ****, I've got heat vision and super hearing, I'm well freaked out. Before that, I was completely normal.... well, apart from the fact that I was flying and had super strength.") but the public didn't overly take to it.

What Batman and Superman DO have, is public recognition. Even if the public saw the last films, thought they sucked, and the actors in them were a bunch of a ****s, it's a character with public cache, so they can do loads and people will give it a chance.

Timing is a factor, of course. For years, Marvel comics NEVER had a successful superhero movie. They couldn't get a Spider-Man movie off the ground even if Peter Parker was sucking 18,000 cocks. The best thing they did was have Bill Bixby act the **** on TV, and that was back in the 70s. In the meantime, DC had a very successful Superman franchise, and not one but TWO Batman franchises. DC must be looking at all this multi-million dollar hits Marvel are having, and thinking "where did these ****s come from all of a sudden?"

That said, the Avengers gets on my ****.

Comment

Where does suicide squad tie into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Where does suicide squad tie into this.
                It's set in the same universe as Batman v Superman. Apparently Batman was the one that locked up all the villains from that movie.

Comment

Marvel has so much good material that it ain't even funny but we're left with movies that are far more comedic than serious, I've always preferred Marvel as a kid but I've been disappointed. Why don't they do a movie on Cabel, Cabel has one of, if not the most interesting story in that universe. You can even bring in Bishop since those two can't seem to time travel without running into each other. How about something on the Morlocks? Mutants so ugly they gotta live in the sewer system.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    Marvel has so much good material that it ain't even funny but we're left with movies that are far more comedic than serious, I've always preferred Marvel as a kid but I've been disappointed. Why don't they do a movie on Cabel, Cabel has one of, if not the most interesting story in that universe. You can even bring in Bishop since those two can't seem to time travel without running into each other. How about something on the Morlocks? Mutants so ugly they gotta live in the sewer system.
                    The problem is Marvel sold a bunch of mutants to Fox.

A Marvel movie with all their characters available done right would be the ****. Days of Future Past was the best movie Fox has been able to do with the X-Men, but the Apocalypse one seems like it's gonna suck.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      About half the forum if it was Bossy.

it was been a while...thank you

*wipes spat coffee off keyboard*

Comment

Working...
                      X