No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prizefighter International Heavyweights Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prizefighter International Heavyweights Early Results

In the first quarterfinal, Ireland-based Cuban runaway Ismaikel "Mike" Perez (14-0, 10 KOs) easily dominated unstable and glass-chinned Kertson Manswell (20-2, 15 KOs) to a wide unanimous decision on all the judges' scorecards. Smaller but more powerful Cuban fugitive landed a hard overhand right swing to start problems for the Trinidadian heavyweight in the opening stanza. He floored him down with a right hand in the same round but Manswell had some chances with his counter left in the second. He tagged Perez solidly with a big uppercut after being shot himself with a left hook. However, the third round was well in Cuban's favour. All three judges saw it 30-25 - for Perez, who looks to be a favorite in this tournament.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice to see fields get past sprott.airlich next I think

Comment

I know i might be jumping the gun a lil bit but Mike Perez reminds me of Tyson, big dudes backing away from a stocky quick lil dude and throwing out there arms in fear of his swift loopy attacks.

Comment

I'm no fan of Tye Fields but, I wouldn't say he was "destroyed" like the article says. After seeing the fight on youtube it was a bit premature the stoppage. The ref should've let it go longer.

Comment

Tye Fields could have been heavyweight champ......of the IBO!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
            I'm no fan of Tye Fields but, I wouldn't say he was "destroyed" like the article says. After seeing the fight on youtube it was a bit premature the stoppage. The ref should've let it go longer.
            Fields was hurt by a tap from Perez he didnt have much of a chance but the stoppage was a bit quick.

Perez has lots of natural talent imo, but he is still raw when he pushes forward he leaves him self open and he doesnt move his head enough if he can work on these things he could do well.

Comment

Working...
            X