No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Brings Miguel Cotto's Demands To Light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Brings Miguel Cotto's Demands To Light

In addition to his role as reigning middleweight king, Sergio Martinez also garners near-universal recognition as one of the genuinely good guys of the sport. His laid-back demeanor and charitable efforts and contributions are responsible for such accolades, although his giving nature has been exploited at the negotiating table more than once.

There wasn’t anything easy about finalizing the terms for Martinez’ upcoming World middleweight title defense versus former three-division champ Miguel Cotto. The blockbuster event takes place on June 7 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, with HBO PPV to distribute to home viewers. [Click Here To Read More]

Martinez can't throw a straight left hand, or there's no fight.

Comment

I can't wait for Cotto to get knocked out.

Comment

Lol at Cotto entering the ring with rose petals thrown at his feet.

I don't like that Cotto wants to walk last though. He's not the champ and he's not even ranked at MW. I understand that he's more popular but this just seems very egotistical.

Comment

If one fighter is being a little b*tch and you really want the fight that bad, step up and accept the terms. That is, if you know your place at the negotiation table.

True warrior. Other people in the sport can learn from this.

Comment

Cotto is a diva. Good on Martinez though for going through with it

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Martinez can't throw a straight left hand, or there's no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
                I can't wait for Cotto to get knocked out.
                Pacquiao already TKO'ed Cotto. But Martinez will do the same ...maybe even more impressively.

Cotto is too slow...for Pacquiao, Mayweather and Martinez. I think Cotto will also lose to Canelo.

Cotto is definitely overrated.

Comment

Oh get over it Sergio, my god.

Sell a PPV by yourself and then worry about getting top billing. Till then, shut up and enjoy the biggest pay day of your career.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    Lol at Cotto entering the ring with rose petals thrown at his feet.

I don't like that Cotto wants to walk last though. He's not the champ and he's not even ranked at MW. I understand that he's more popular but this just seems very egotistical.
                    To bad all fighters do it, I'm sure if you have a good fav fighter he's done it as well. It's the name of the game..Money talks and Cotto is backing up the Brinks truck..

PRPP

Comment

Working...
                    X