No announcement yet.

It's not Pac's perfomance, it's his continued choice of opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TYREL View Post
    he got TKO'ed by margarito, and won a close, debateable decision against clottey.....

those aren't great things.
    tkod by bricks and a close decision after getting headbutted and had a cut that most boxers including pbf would have quit and won on the cards. Also he beat sugar shane mosley and destroyed judah worse than anything floyd coulda done. Floyd wont even fight marg

Comment

this......

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
        What great things did Cotto exactly do? One example of Cotto's great accomplishments will suffice.
        One , he Beat Mosley , something not much people give him credit for.
        Second , he got in the ring with Pacquiao , and he belonged in there. But Pac was too good.
        He fought , Mosley , Pacquiao , Marg.

If that aint enough in ur eyes. Then I dont know what is.

Comment

he got TKO'ed by margarito, and won a close, debateable decision against clottey.....

those aren't great things.
          Debateable my ass!!! u know why??

Cotto , won the first by 2 , and the last 3 were obvious rounds for cotto , the 7th he cornered Clottey , so thats five. He made Cotto looked average , cuz thats what clottey does , Roach anticipated a ko against Clottey , and what happen there.

plus , with the size and strenght advantage , having Cotto fighting with 1 eye , and fight the way he did , that was great ,k thats what pride is all about , Like kellerman said. He does not have the mentality of a champion. Cotto does , Cotto did what he had to do to win that fight.

Thats why is not debateable who won , and why Cotto is great and a future hall of famer. Ill remember ur name and laugh at ur comments when they induct him into the HOF hater

Comment

Floyd's biggest wins at 147 so far are Baldomir and Baldomir's victim Judah...hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh and let's not forget he also beat lightweight granpa JMM at 147. Talk about choice of opponents huh? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
              How Manny more tailor made, stiff straight up fighters is Pacquiao going to face?

The only impressive thing Pac has done over his last 5 fights is beat Miguel Cotto. Everything else you can thank Top Rank matchmaking for.
              Say what? Manny had fought Hatton, DLH, Clottey, and Cotto as you have mentioned. Floyd had fought two out of the four, DLH & Hatton, and the other two, Cotto and Clottey are both true top WW's. Floyd's last four opponents were JMM, Hatton, DLH, and Baldomir. Who do you honestly think had a better and more challenging opponent between JMM & Baldomir vs Cotto & Clottey. To be honest, last night was very dissapointing and boring, not because of Manny obviously. AS i have stated before, without a doubt that Floyd vs Mosley is the better and will be more exciting due to the fact that there is history behind those two not to mention that Mosley will attack and engaged without fear and Mosley will make it a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing69 View Post
                tkod by bricks and a close decision after getting headbutted and had a cut that most boxers including pbf would have quit and won on the cards. Also he beat sugar shane mosley and destroyed judah worse than anything floyd coulda done. Floyd wont even fight marg
                first of all, margarito wasn't caught using bricks against cotto. he was caught attempting to use them against shane. we can speculate all we want, but until he or somebody else admits as much, that's all we can do. better yet, cotto should want the rematch.....but he doesn't.

the floyd "quitting" thing.
                dude has fought with broken hands and a torn rotator cuff......**** outta here, your boy got beat to **** in 3 out of his last 4 fights.

he's a warrior though, i'll give him that.

Originally posted by ahh!! Low Blow View Post
                Debateable my ass!!! u know why??

Cotto , won the first by 2 , and the last 3 were obvious rounds for cotto , the 7th he cornered Clottey , so thats five. He made Cotto looked average , cuz thats what clottey does , Roach anticipated a ko against Clottey , and what happen there.

plus , with the size and strenght advantage , having Cotto fighting with 1 eye , and fight the way he did , that was great ,k thats what pride is all about , Like kellerman said. He does not have the mentality of a champion. Cotto does , Cotto did what he had to do to win that fight.

Thats why is not debateable who won , and why Cotto is great and a future hall of famer. Ill remember ur name and laugh at ur comments when they induct him into the HOF hater

the fight was a SPLIT DECISION, and many people including myself, had clottey winning the fight. that's why its debateable.

i could give a **** less whether cotto had 1 eye and was butted, or 4 eyes. he won a close, disputable, split-decision. MOST of the ppl i've heard comment on the fight, that are not cotto die-hards, had clottey winning.

personally, i'm fine with the decision, b/c clottey let up when he could have stopped cotto.....but many ppl think clottey won that fight, whether you agree or disagree. it's debateable.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                  Say what? Manny had fought Hatton, DLH, Clottey, and Cotto as you have mentioned. Floyd had fought two out of the four, DLH & Hatton, and the other two, Cotto and Clottey are both true top WW's. Floyd's last four opponents were JMM, Hatton, DLH, and Baldomir. Who do you honestly think had a better and more challenging opponent between JMM & Baldomir vs Cotto & Clottey. To be honest, last night was very dissapointing and boring, not because of Manny obviously. AS i have stated before, without a doubt that Floyd vs Mosley is the better and will be more exciting due to the fact that there is history behind those two not to mention that Mosley will attack and engaged without fear and Mosley will make it a fight.
                  floyd fought oscar at 154....a weight in which oscar was comfortable at, and floyd wasn't.

Comment

floyd fought oscar at 154....a weight in which oscar was comfortable at, and floyd wasn't.
                    You and others keep making this excuse as if it was Manny's fault. DLH called out Manny to fight him at 145lbs. The fact is that Manny was a huge underdog and everyone in the boxing community was laughing at this fight and laughing at Manny particularly and saying that it was a complete mis-match and that Manny is way too small. The fact is that Manny made that fight look exciting and made it a good fight. Cannot deny those facts.

Comment

All of his opponents have the style that come to him lately but I was impressed by what he did to Hatton and Cotto...and somewhat impressed with last night...Clottey's style is just not one that would give Pac trouble...

Comment

Working...
                      X