No announcement yet.

5 best chins in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 best chins in history

Marvelous Marvin Hagler-Well, its obvious, isn't it? The guy just COULDN'T be hurt or stopped. He took Hearns' monstrous right hand and shook it off. He also took The Beast Mugabi's best punches for 10 rounds and didn't seem to take much damage. Marvin probably had the best chin ever...
    Wayne McCullough-The first man to take Hamed's worst/best punches and go the distance. Was stopped only once, at the end of his career, after 10 rounds of constant punishment from Oscar Larios. Was in a gruelling fight with Scott Harrison and took incredible punishment, still made it to the end.
    Jake La Motta-The guy fought SRR 6 times! That in itself should be enough to say he had world class chin.
    James Toney-One of the best fighters and best chins of the last 40 years. Only got wobbled once, by a barrage from Samuel Peter, one of the heaviest-handed guys in the sport.
    Mike McCallum-Took Julian Jackson's best punches and came out on top, only about 3 minutes later.

sound about right....

ali, tex cobb, and a bunch of others could be there too but i like ur list.

Comment

Jake LaMotta
      Marvin Hagler
      George Chuvalo
      Muhammad Ali
      Joe Grim

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Jake LaMotta
        Marvin Hagler
        George Chuvalo
        Muhammad Ali
        Joe Grim
        OF COURSE! How could I forget George?!

Comment

It's so hard to do a list of the best chins and we will always have contrasting views considering there is such an enormas list of all time great chins and there has been so GREAT mentioned so far.

Loved the mention of Joe Grim, especially.

Heres my crack at it;

Jake Lamotta
          Ray Robinson
          Muhammad Ali
          Tex Cobb
          Dick Tiger

I feel so bad for not mentioning Chuvalo, Hagler, Holyfield, Gavilan, Monzon, etc etc etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            It's so hard to do a list of the best chins and we will always have contrasting views considering there is such an enormas list of all time great chins and there has been so GREAT mentioned so far.

Loved the mention of Joe Grim, especially.

Heres my crack at it;

Jake Lamotta
            Ray Robinson
            Muhammad Ali
            Tex Cobb
            Dick Tiger

I feel so bad for not mentioning Chuvalo, Hagler, Holyfield, Gavilan, Monzon, etc etc etc etc etc.
            Ray Robinson's chin was great, it just gets over-shadowed by the rest of his qualities.

Joe Grim's a funny character. Actually was a decent fighter sometimes as he took Jack Blackburn to the wire believe it or not.

*Sticks head through the ropes* "I'm Joe Grim, I fear no man!!!!"

Comment

Oliver McCall, Steve Collins, Shane Mosley and Chris Eubank deserve mention.

Comment

George Chuvalo. Mandatory #1 imo.
                Oliver McCall
                Muhammad Ali
                Marvin Hagler
                Gerald McClellan. In fact his chin was so good it was partially to blame for his downfall. Any other man would have been ko'd by the shots he took from Julian Jackson and Nigel Benn.

Comment

Hector Camacho

Comment

I always thought that Oscar had an underrated chin. Not saying it's up there with Hagler or Chuvalo, but worth an honourable mention.

Comment

Working...
                    X