Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Physically bigger side by side, Nelo or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    stop being a f#g

ward's a LHW and canelo can make 154 lbs if he skips breakfast for a few weeks.
    And a few diuretics. Hence why there was no testing for the Smith fight.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
      Golovkin only wants everything to be in his favor. Only wants to give Jacobs 25% when he's the biggest test he's faced.
      The 25% for the challenger is the WBA standard when the fight goes to purse bid. It's not GGG's idea. GGG gets 75% because it's what the WBA says is due him as the champion. He doesn't have to negotiate for it because it is already his. If Jacobs was the champ and GGG was the challenger and it went to the purse bids Jacobs wouldn't give GGG a dime of his 75%. But you expect GGG to give Jacobs some of his purse because Jacobs is his biggest test? How unrealistic of you. If Jacobs beats GGG his earning power increases tremendously. That should his incentive and his reward if he thinks he can win. GGG is expected to KO Jacobs for his 25th KO win in a row and it won't make him a bigger star so he might as well keep the 75% that is his due as the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        The 25% for the challenger is the WBA standard when the fight goes to purse bid. It's not GGG's idea. GGG gets 75% because it's what the WBA says is due him as the champion. He doesn't have to negotiate for it because it is already his. If Jacobs was the champ and GGG was the challenger and it went to the purse bids Jacobs wouldn't give GGG a dime of his 75%. But you expect GGG to give Jacobs some of his purse because Jacobs is his biggest test? How unrealistic of you. If Jacobs beats GGG his earning power increases tremendously. That should his incentive and his reward if he thinks he can win. GGG is expected to KO Jacobs for his 25th KO win in a row and it won't make him a bigger star so he might as well keep the 75% that is his due as the champion.
        If the fight is in NY it's reasonable to negotiate a higher purse given that Jacobs would definitely bring a crowd. I don't want to hear the argument that Jacobs can't sell out. GGG is a known commodity and that mixed with a home state/town fighter would surely bring out a magnificent crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          And a few diuretics. Hence why there was no testing for the Smith fight.

so canelo and andre ward are the same size... or...?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            You're on a real roll of ******ed threads today..... can you just take a break from posting about Golovkin?
            should have took the word 'today' out of the statement and it would have been more accurate lol

Comment

so canelo and andre ward are the same size... or...?
              Eh?

I was referring to your post where you said:

canelo can make 154 lbs if he skips breakfast for a few weeks.
              AND pops a few diuretics.

There's no ****ing way they're the same size. OP knows that. He just has an agenda with every post.

Comment

Eh?

There's no ****ing way they're the same size. OP knows that. He just has an agenda with every post.
                So who is bigger, Andre Ward or Saul Alvarez?

Andre Ward imo looks hella huge compared to Alvarez.

Comment

Eh?

right. he seems to be implying that if one is a reasonable opponent then the other must be. in reality, one created a new weight class and killed himself to make 154 even when he was technical the lineal champ, same belt held by hopkins, and golovkin is a legitimately natural middleweight, and will be able to make the weight until he retires.

Comment

right. he seems to be implying that if one is a reasonable opponent then the other must be. in reality, one created a new weight class and killed himself to make 154 even when he was technical the lineal champ, same belt held by hopkins, and golovkin is a legitimately natural middleweight, and will be able to make the weight until he retires.
                    The price you have to pay to try and play off the duck huh?

I remember you used to be a Canelo fan, right? How do you feel about him now? Just wondering.

Comment

The price you have to pay to try and play off the duck huh?

I remember you used to be a Canelo fan, right? How do you feel about him now? Just wondering.

i don't think alvarez chooses who he fights at this point. he might. if he does, he deserves blame for the biggest ifght in boxing not materializing. people don't take this sport seriously for a reason.

if he's, as i expect, either being convinced or told not to fight golovkin right now, it's hard to give him a ton of crap for it. he's still a young man in terms of his development as a professional and a businessman. he's only 26.

in terms of his talent i think he's a very good fighter with good wins. i thought he could have easily been given the lara decision, and i thought the trout fight was honestly pretty clear. really polished offense and great power. genuinely elite speed and athleticism is something many of the greats had, and canelo doens't have that. not sold on what he can do to a true middleweight, but i tend to think that the guys at 160 will go down if he's allowed to hit them cleanly. also, compounded by his lack of elite speed, i have questions about the viability of his style agaisnt bigger guys, or maybe even guys of his own size.

i don't think canelo's hype by any means. he's done way too much for that to be a reasonable discussion. that said, he's been protected enough that i still don't know exactly what he's got. they're benefitting from putting him in there with smaller guys. they've benefitted from putting him in there with guys who aren't aggressive and are easy to beat on the cards. he may get cut loose for real and shine and prove me wrong. but i don't think he's a geninely great talent, and that there's a lot of water to the idea that GBP is keeping him away from golovkin because they're afraid of what a beating from a puncher will do to the value of their greatest asset.

Comment

Working...
                      X