Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Manny Get a Pass for Cherry Picking Opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Maybe I have a different interpretation of what a boxer is, I never saw Barrera fight a disciplined fight behind a jab going in circles and his legs being the main factor. But we can agree to disagree
    Not to be a dick, but that means you saw nothing of Barrera after the 1st Morales fight...

Barrera became a counter puncher for most of his late career. Sure he would still bang if he had to, but most of his fights were controlled with distance, jab, and counter punching...He didn't need his legs for most of those fights. Legs would have helped him against Pac though...Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManniePhresh View Post
      nike he will never answer a straight question. he goes straight into lawyer mode and replies to your question with a question thats his angle
      You know there are many, MANY cats on here like that...You should expand your view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nike Phats View Post
        I don't hate Pacquiao, nor am I in love with Mayweather. I don't care for his personal life or his personal decisions, but I enjoy Mayweathers boxing skills.
        You don't hate Pacquiao, hence the thread. lol.

If you like Mayweather's boxing skills, as I do, or just boxing in general, then you should make threads about that. It contributes more to the scene. Because, if you don't really care for Pac, love or hate, why the hater thread?

Because it makes you feel good to express your hate towards Pac, yeah? Let it out, bro. Just admit it. You can't stand Manny's rise to the P4P rankings and it's eating away at you.

You can question a lot of things about his rise to the top, but to generalize it as just plain cherrypicking is foolish. If you examine all other fighters' career, you can almost say that they cherrypicked at one point. But this thread is directed towards your need to feed your hate for Manny Pacquiao and it makes you feel good.

That's fine if you believe that he's on PEDs, but c'mon "roiding bastard", that's pure hate, SONNY!

Just admit it, people will respect you more.

And just to address your hater thread, no, he doesn't get a pass. Especially, when we have posters like you around.

Both PBF and PAC get the same love and hate around here, but I can't stand people who have no balls to admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nike Phats View Post
          Honestly, I'm curious. Around these boards other boxers are constantly bashed about cherry picking, but no one, Pac fan or otherwise can claim Team Pac has done any different from these fighters they claimed have taken the easy road?

For example, Pac hardly gets any criticism for not fighting Mosely when his camp openly ducked him. I don't get it?

Same for Raheem. Raheem dominates Erik Morales for 11 out of 12 rounds, and instead of fighting Raheem, Manny fights a shot Morales.

You want to talk about cherry picking?

By Roach's own admission DLH was a dead man walking whom no longer desired to fight when he was matched up against Manny. He was literally drained and dehydrated, and this came straight from the mouth of Pacs camp.

Cotto? Again by team Pacs admission, Cotto was damaged goods who'd had his career ruined by Margarito. Did that stop them from fighting and hyping the fight? Nope.

Hatton? Again, by Team Pacs own admission, he'd been ruined by Mayweather, and was coming off a fight where he'd been brutalized by Lazcano. They still fought him.

Clottey? I'll give Manny credit for the fight, but everyone in boxing knew what was coming. Everyone expected Clottey to shell up and take hits, he was taylor made for Pacs style.

Whoever cares to post the video evidence, please do.
          There is a certain time when you reach to the top of the boxign ladder you cherry pick you opponnet, Suger Ray Lenorad did it. Oscar did it Hopkins did it and Floyd does it.

People are cheering for pac because many believe he is the only one capable of beating the much hated villan Floyd.

I believe the person who was most capable of beating Floyd was Kostya Tzyu

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Really he wasn't? Were you watching boxing closely during those times? D
            He may not have been "shot", but his career had definetely peaked already. His hands were not as fast, and therefore his counter-punching and that powerful left hook were not always on target. And mexican fighters are not the biggest fans of defense. So when it came to pacquiao, he had a hard time with his head movement and his punches. But, mainly from a business point of view if you're trying to build a fighter, you're not gonna put him in with a super star in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by koboy View Post
              You don't hate Pacquiao, hence the thread. lol.

If you like Mayweather's boxing skills, as I do, or just boxing in general, then you should make threads about that. It contributes more to the scene. Because, if you don't really care for Pac, love or hate, why the hater thread?

Because it makes you feel good to express your hate towards Pac, yeah? Let it out, bro. Just admit it. You can't stand Manny's rise to the P4P rankings and it's eating away at you.

You can question a lot of things about his rise to the top, but to generalize it as just plain cherrypicking is foolish. If you examine all other fighters' career, you can almost say that they cherrypicked at one point. But this thread is directed towards your need to feed your hate for Manny Pacquiao and it makes you feel good.

That's fine if you believe that he's on PEDs, but c'mon "roiding bastard", that's pure hate, SONNY!

Just admit it, people will respect you more.

And just to address your hater thread, no, he doesn't get a pass. Especially, when we have posters like you around.

Both PBF and PAC get the same love and hate around here, but I can't stand people who have no balls to admit it.
              Why is it "hating"? last time i checked this was a forum to talk about boxing. Now, im all for an exciting boxing match, so i dont care about their personal lives. But i do get where he's coming from about how mayweather gets critisized too much for so called "ducking" fighters. IMO, when you're on your way to the top, it's human to cherry-pick. Every fighter does it to some extent. The reality is you cant fight every fighter out there. And as dangerous as the sport is, i guess you have to take the fights that make the more business-sense. But like i said its my opinion. And it makes for a great build-up for a future fight lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
                Why is it "hating"? last time i checked this was a forum to talk about boxing. Now, im all for an exciting boxing match, so i dont care about their personal lives. But i do get where he's coming from about how mayweather gets critisized too much for so called "ducking" fighters. IMO, when you're on your way to the top, it's human to cherry-pick. Every fighter does it to some extent. The reality is you cant fight every fighter out there. And as dangerous as the sport is, i guess you have to take the fights that make the more business-sense. But like i said its my opinion. And it makes for a great build-up for a future fight lol
                He's a Pac hater and a *****. Just check his posts. The thread is a hater thread when a hater starts it. The intent in already there before the first letter was typed. It's a hater thread by a hater. I don't mind it, but don't deny it.

Comment

Working...
                X