Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know???? China is building LIFE SIZE copy of Manhattan? WTF!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
    only difference is that the real manhattan has people and business while the chinese manhattan will be a ghost town.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine Doe View Post
      Except their slaves are their own people, and their are billions of them.
      Not sure if that makes it better or worse. Pretty fkd up either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
        All this economic growth **** is exactly that - shi*t. A growing middle-class just means more people buying more **** they don't need. Consumerism. God I hate humans sometimes. And then when it all comes crashing down, families are out on the street with no food.

Comment

This idea of copying cities and architecture is hardly new!?
          Even more ironic if viewed from an American stand point.
          Not sure what the point is here??

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
            Vice on HBO did great segment on this issue, here's the video

inner mongolia is one of the most breathtaking places on earth. what the chinese government is doing there is absolutely pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
              This idea of copying cities and architecture is hardly new!?
              Even more ironic if viewed from an American stand point.
              Not sure what the point is here??
              They're trying to recreate it EXACTLY. Hardly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                They're trying to recreate it EXACTLY. Hardly the same thing.
                When you present an argument without the need for capitalising we can talk.

Comment

they should copy Detroit next

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                    When you present an argument without the need for capitalising we can talk.
                    What a weak response. You should feel embarrassed.

I presented my argument - since when has the USA attempted to recreate Athens down to the last street? Or even a neighbourhood of Athens? Yes there's Greek architecture but that's because the USA is part of the 'West', and the West's cultural heritage is from ancient Greece. It's simply recognizing the influence Greece had on the West. You can point to the Sphinx & pyramid in Las Vegas, but that's all that is. It's not like they've tried to recreate ancient Egypt in Las Vegas. It's just a bit of fun. China has no cultural ancestral connection to Europe/USA, unlike the USA has with Greece.

However what the Chinese are doing is cloning European towns & cities, and now Manhattan, in a bizarre attempt to come across as... multicultural? I don't know. It's weird, though.

No capitalizing in my post, so you won't be able to use that as an excuse not to respond to me.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                      What a weak response. You should feel embarrassed.

I presented my argument - since when has the USA attempted to recreate Athens down to the last street? Or even a neighbourhood of Athens? Yes there's Greek architecture but that's because the USA is part of the 'West', and the West's cultural heritage is from ancient Greece. It's simply recognizing the influence Greece had on the West. You can point to the Sphinx & pyramid in Las Vegas, but that's all that is. It's not like they've tried to recreate ancient Egypt in Las Vegas. It's just a bit of fun. China has no cultural ancestral connection to Europe/USA, unlike the USA has with Greece.

However what the Chinese are doing is cloning European towns & cities, and now Manhattan, in a bizarre attempt to come across as... multicultural? I don't know. It's weird, though.

No capitalizing in my post, so you won't be able to use that as an excuse not to respond to me.
                      I think it's more about aspiration and ideology driving trends than want to appear multicultural per say.
                      Whilst America obviously has ties with many parts of the world due to immigration they do go beyond that in so much as naming conventions at the very least.
                      There are also a number of "little's" little Venice in California comes to mind.
                      It could be argued they would have copied more closely had they had the resources.

Comment

Working...
                      X