No announcement yet.

Pac showing early signs of Parkinsons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    How many people have actually suffer from Parkinson's in boxing? Because apart from Ali and Roach I can't link anyone else to it, So I wouldn't even link boxing to the disease.
    Parkinson's Disease is not a type of dementia but the two are closely related, thats why its sometimes known fully as PDD Parkinson's disease dementia. So its universally thoughts that its causes are similar. There are many ways to develop dementia, one of which is multiple concussions, or concussive blows to the head.

Not many fighters have developed Parkinson's but many have developed Pugulistic dementia, such as Wilfred Benitez, Jimmy Ellis, Floyd Patterson, Meldrick Taylor, Ray Robinson, Joe Frazier, Emile Griffith, there are more but can't think at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I think I read somewhere Parkinson's disease is not related to blows to the head. Or something like, test results haven't been conclusive enough to say that boxing or blows to the head cause Parkinson's disease. I could be wrong and I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to look it up again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Plenty of people who never boxed a day in their lives have Parkinson's. Very little is known about its cause. I think it is linked to boxing because of Muhammed Ali. I bet if you look at the number of boxers that have Parkinson's, the percentage wouldn't be any higher than people who mow lawns for a living. That's just my opinion of course.
      Yea you might be right but some people automatically think blows to the head = Parkinson's.

I think it was HBO that had some type of show/documentary on Parkinson's. This disease is very intriguing as it is deadly. And I think there's very little known about it too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I know this article sounds like pure **** and has no credible evidence and he might just have had a sore hand after training....but Michael J Fox said he noticed his first when his baby finger kept twitching
        So the doctor might just have seen that and presumed the worst but if his hands do twitch a bit it's worth getting it checked out
        Over the last couple of years Manny's performances have dipped a bit,his work rate is down,leg cramps and now getting knocked out cold
        It may not be Parkinson's but his body is breaking down so I think he should retire and be proud of all he has achieved
        Arum will try milk him til the bitter end so I think he should just call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I still think it's all styles. I bet you put Rios, Alvarado, Maidana, you get the trend, in front of this "past prime" Pacquiao, and he will all of a sudden look like the 2008-2010 Pacquiao.

The real problem is: Juan Manuel Marquez.

Not a cracked chin, no him slowing down[I think that's BS with the way he was pounding Marquez before he got careless], etc. The problem is Marquez and that's it.

Put Clottey in front of him, give him Cotto again, Rios, Abregu, Matthysse, whatever, watch him look "prime" again.

he might win those fights, but it's very apparent that he's past his prime, win or lose.

you really think manny is at his peak right now? against mosley? against bradley?

Comment

Working...
          X