Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better chance of becoming a champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the better chance of becoming a champ?

Deontay Wilder Tyson Fury or David Price.....Among these who has the best chance? Deontay I would say is untested, has shown spectacular power against limited opposition, needs to step up before he can be the front man here. Tyson Fury I feel has shown what he has to offer already, pretty good stuff not spectacular as the other two but he's the youngest of them all so he still has time to grow.
    Price is the lead man I would say. Shown some good power, limited opposition, even fighting old man Tiger Thompson I wouldn't say at this point is all that good. He should be trying to get a fight with Mike Perez, Tor Hamer, Shannon Briggs I would respect more then a fight with Thompson that would most likely end early.
    Interested in what y'all have to say.
    Tyson Fury
    6.90%
    David Price
    48.28%
    Deontay Wilder
    44.83%

The poll is expired.

I voted Deontay Wilder, purely because he's American. I think Price is the better out of the three but the fact that Wilder is already somewhat emerging as a name in the States gives him an advantage.

Comment

If one of the three makes it I wouldn't be that surprised but if all three failed I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Judging prospects is a tough business because it is all about improvement and if they can reach their potential, rather than who is best at the current moment.

I will say Wlider because I think he is the best athlete of the lot and he has the most room to actually grow, but that said he has some pretty big boxing flaws (like footwork) that might be impossible to really fix.

Comment

I like to see Price against some better opponents......I'd still say Price though. Fury is a solid fighter with a big heart and top 10 material but I don't think he'll ever be a champ.

Wilder can punch but nothing more. I can't see how this man will ever be a champ. There are journey man who could beat this guy. Once he steps up in class he'll get KO'd.

Comment

I am partial to Fury over the others right now because he shown the most versatility so far in that he can fight from the outside and inside (rare at HW nowadays), maintains a gameplan, adjusts, etc. He's had rough moments, been tested, he's gone down but got up and fought on. Still improving every fight and he's the youngest of the 3

Comment

None of these bums. Who are these bums, anyway?

Comment

I would say Price.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                I am partial to Fury over the others right now because he shown the most versatility so far in that he can fight from the outside and inside (rare at HW nowadays), maintains a gameplan, adjusts, etc. He's had rough moments, been tested, he's gone down but got up and fought on. Still improving every fight and he's the youngest of the 3
                Where's the power from Fury though? I'd say basic skills he outshines the other two, but this is the heavyweight division! Where's that KO power? Price/Wilder have got some big right hands that overshadow Fury. I don't think Fury will ever produce that kind of power, leaving him to be another Timo Hoffmann or Tony Tucker.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
                  Deontay Wilder Tyson Fury or David Price.....Among these who has the best chance? Deontay I would say is untested, has shown spectacular power against limited opposition, needs to step up before he can be the front man here. Tyson Fury I feel has shown what he has to offer already, pretty good stuff not spectacular as the other two but he's the youngest of them all so he still has time to grow.
                  Price is the lead man I would say. Shown some good power, limited opposition, even fighting old man Tiger Thompson I wouldn't say at this point is all that good. He should be trying to get a fight with Mike Perez, Tor Hamer, Shannon Briggs I would respect more then a fight with Thompson that would most likely end early.
                  Interested in what y'all have to say.
                  He may not be up to much, but I still think it's a significant test for Price who in his short pro career hasn't really been matched particularly hard so far.

No idea who will win a title first, but I think Price could get a title shot sooner.

Comment

Any of the three.

The current improved Fury is the best boxer, while Price and Wilder have fearsome one-punch KO power.

Comment

Working...
                    X