Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel Floyd needs to prove himself after Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you feel Floyd needs to prove himself after Ortiz?

I'm not saying Floyd cheated cause he didn't, I blame Ortiz not for the headbutt but for dropping his guard but that's the past.
    I just don't think that's how you win a fight in boxing or the street, anyway I feel deep in his head he has to beat Cotto in a convincing way to prove he still got it.
    My opinion.

No.

He was controlling that fight before Ortiz got frustrated and headbutted him in the face. He was in the process of another top performance and Ortiz pulled a move that ultimately led to the him being KO'd out of retaliation.

Comment

He can "prove himself" by beating Manny or Sergio.

Of course, Floyd has already proven he is a great boxer, but that would do a lot for his all-time standing.

Comment

no but cotto wont crumble that fast mentally either.

Comment

Why would Floyd have to prove himself after knocking out a 24 year old champion who was admittedly trying to break Floyd's nose with headbutts?

This is a silly thread.

Comment

No. Floyd had Ortiz's number from the first bell. Ortiz got frustrated and head butted. It will be at least two more years before Floyd has slowed enough for someone to pick him off. Cotto has a better chance to beat Floyd than Pac has in my opinion.

Comment

People are never satisfied, fight Sergio who is not in Floyd's weight class. Dude is 157, walks around at 180+++++. Even when Floyd beats his ass somebody gonna pill another fighter out their ass. Be satisfied with what the man has given to the sport & stop piling on fighter after fighter. You people are starting to sound like Bob Arum with all your excuses on why Floyd isn't the best in the game.

Comment

Really? Floyd was controlling the fight and got headbutted multiple times. Ortiz has admitted he tried to break his nose. Not to mention the fact that I don't see how someone thats been in the game for 16 years needs to prove himself

Comment

Floyd looked the best he has in his comeback in the Ortiz fight. He has nothing to prove for me personally.

Comment

He proved himself a long time ago at 130, and he still got it too, nothing to suggest he doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X