Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who poses more of a threat? Joshua Clottey or Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clottey isn't active enough offensively to pose as much of a threat as Ortiz, even if Ortiz is willing to take greater risks to give out punishment.

Comment

Clottey wasn't only competitive, lotta people had him beating Cotto. He was also real competitive with a prime Margarito.

Judah at the time he beat him wasn't shot either, just a quitter like usual. Clottey busted him up and he quit.

Ortiz just quit against a 140 pounder a couple fights back.

Comment

To sumise ;

Clottey is a more accomplished Welterweight opponet.

Ortiz is a more dangerous one.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          To sumise ;

Clottey is a more accomplished Welterweight opponet.

Ortiz is a more dangerous one.
          Exactly, which is the point of the poll

Ortiz can become as accomplished if not more in a few years.

Comment

It depends on the opponent. Clottey can box and he can brawl and his technique is very good.

Comment

Are we talking about currently? I doubt Clottey can even make 147 right now. He's days as a WW are over.

So I guess by default it's Victor Ortiz.

But, if we talking about a prior version of Clottey to this version of Ortiz. Then that can be argued.

Comment

Styles make fights, but Ortiz is clearly better

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Are we talking about currently? I doubt Clottey can even make 147 right now. He's days as a WW are over.

So I guess by default it's Victor Ortiz.

But, if we talking about a prior version of Clottey to this version of Ortiz. Then that can be argued.
                  Argue it then. I don't see how a turtled Clottey can be more of a threat than Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I agree that clottey fought better competition, though.

But you seriously can't count guys you lost to as a positive thing just because they were "name" opponets.

Clottey lost to every name opponet he ever faced except a shot to shit, 87 year old Zab Judah.
                    2 fights in particular have good cases. First Baldomir, now not saying Baldo was a great fighter but Clottey was in full control of the fight and that DQ was pretty controversial. Imagine if he got that win and he had the belt, woulda changed Floyd's accomplishments @ WW significantly.

Margarito was a beast at that time and Clottey was in the fight the whole time, even with a broken hand, which eventually caused him is defeat.

Comment

Ortiz....Clottey does just enough to lose

Comment

Working...
                      X