Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is joseph parker joshua's next opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomwalker View Post
    is parker a good fighter comparable to AJ?
    I'd think AJ beats Parker but it'd be his best opponent to date

Comment

Your comment signifies that parker is not a level fighter as compared to joshua.
      I didn't say AJ is an "a level" fighter but yes, as a prospect/fringe contender, AJ is clearly above Parker.

Comment

is parker a good fighter comparable to AJ?
        Yes he is. Just go watch a couple of his videos and it'll answer the question better than anyone can here.

Short summary: he's not as heavy handed as Josh or as accurate but has superior hand speed and is overall a more fluid athlete. Josh is a mite more seasoned at the moment, but there's no glaring faults I can see in JoJo that would hinder him from making the step up.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I didn't say AJ is an "a level" fighter but yes, as a prospect/fringe contender, AJ is clearly above Parker.
          I don't see there being that much in it if the eye test is anything to go on. Joshua obviously has the better resume with Whyte, but once Parker goes on the road he should start to up his level of competition (I hope…)

Parker seriously needs to get a new promoter though.

Comment

No way these two fight unless one of them has a world title. This is a fight to be built up, not done on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              no...if you'd read nsb recently or paid any attention to either camp is saying you would know there is no chance of this.

joshua is fighting either takam/stirverne or poss jennings next.
              parker is fighting in NZ for at least his next 2 fights.
              and what about the martin's name?

Comment

Read on google today that joseph parker might be in next AJ fight? Can he give anthony joshua tuff time. i don't heard alot about the parker. how good a fight he is?
                Doubt it, just people making click bait articles from interviews/comments both gave wanting to fight each other.

Comment

Joeph Parkers best opponent was a 48 year old Kali Meehan

You might remember Meehan as the guy who Danny Williams ko'd in 30 seconds at the York Hall about 15 years ago.

Outside of that his opponents drop off big time, they are the kind of guys they pad "prizefighter" cards with.

Parker looks great against these guys but in all honesty if you gave me a few months to get in shape i could probably look like Muhammed Ali against those guys too.

Comment

Parker is potentially an excellent upcoming heavyweight and some are already calling him one of the fastest punchers in heavyweight history. The problem is that his opponents are pretty poor.

I'd love to see the fight though, Joshua vs Parker is an excellent match up on paper between two upcoming prospects who could be world champ material, depending on how they progress and develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                      I don't see there being that much in it if the eye test is anything to go on. Joshua obviously has the better resume with Whyte, but once Parker goes on the road he should start to up his level of competition (I hope…)

Parker seriously needs to get a new promoter though.
                      In terms of the eye test, AJ has more power, better footwork, better punch selection, punches straighter, has a better defense and a superior offense. AJ beats Parker in every category.

Comment

Working...
                      X