Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas "RAINS" On Golovkins PPV Parade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G monster should never have been on ppv. He needs a proven dance partner for that. Ward wanted to be a ppv star too. It doesn't work like that. They weren't around DLH's weight class. Thats the ****ed up part of this ppv nonsense. DLH made Floyd and Pacman ppv stars. They in turned wanted to keep that stardom for themselves and trashed ppv with sh8tty fights against mediocre comp. Never passing the torch except Floyd fighting Canelo at that dirty catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
      Uses Glaser's 97k figure for GGG but not his 389k figure for Mayweather.

Classy, unbiased journalism as always from DBN.
      The 389k figure is still more than just about anyone else in boxing is doing right now bro.

Comment

People really give a fuk about this stuff?

Comment

I got what Teddy was saying but I thought the analogy was a little silly.

GGG's PPV sales has to be looked at in context. If you look at the PPV sales prediction thread-most people thought this would do between 250-350k based solely on GGG's "star power".

The people that voted knew he wasn't from the US, knew Lemuiex wasn't a household name, knew GGG didn't speak English perfectly, knew there would be college football and MLB playoff games on. Despite this, the majority thought he'd do significantly more than the 97-150k that is being reported.

I know some of GGG's diehard fans have used the above paragraph as excuses for the low output, but again you knew these variables when you made your prediction.

Teddy is correct, This PPV flopped. It's ok to admit it. All it means is GGG is not where many of us assumed he was. Doesn't mean he will not do much better next time with a better opponent.

Comment

Maybe the worst metaphor I've heard in a while. I get his point tho. The fight was PPV because David needed to get paid a lot or he wasn't taking it. and the purses were more than allowed in the HBO budget. The purses did not total anywhere near to what Floyd's was so comparing the numbers is apples to oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              G monster should never have been on ppv. He needs a proven dance partner for that. Ward wanted to be a ppv star too. It doesn't work like that. They weren't around DLH's weight class. Thats the ****ed up part of this ppv nonsense. DLH made Floyd and Pacman ppv stars. They in turned wanted to keep that stardom for themselves and trashed ppv with sh8tty fights against mediocre comp. Never passing the torch except Floyd fighting Canelo at that dirty catchweight.
              Why is it you call catchweights "dirty" for other fighters but then praise Miguel Cotto when he demands catchweights?

Comment

Working...
              X