No announcement yet.

Will you all please STOP moaning !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you all please STOP moaning !!!

Brook v Gavin is a good fight....if you consider it'll be his second title defense in a little over two months. Most world champions defend once or twice a year. Three at the most! Kell is a throw back, he likes to fight as often as possible. Do you think Eddie Hearn wants him out on 30th May? No chance, this is on Kell's insistence.

Next point, is that Gavin isn't that bad an opponent! the UKs first and ONLY world amateur champion, he entered the pro ranks with an much expectation as DeGale, AJ, Campbell. He's a purest boxer, not great on eye, but he has an abundance of talent. It's a good and tricky test for Kell.

The only boxer in this whole debacle that's out on his a*se is Khan. Granted, he should be nominated for an award as the biggest WALLY in boxing. I cant see any sense what so ever in his decision making lately. Al Haymen has given him some truly awful advice, and Khan the dummy is lapping it up like a saucer of milk.

But give Kell his dues, he's keeping active. He had no say in Jo Jo Dan, mandatories come around every so often and must be dealt with, which he did. Now he's out again, two months later against a former world amateur champion and former commonwealth and British champion. Trust me, Frankie is better than many of you think (be honest, most of you outside of the UK have never heard of him, hence why you claim he's rubbish). He's not. He's got some serious skills.

It's a good fight, on a good bill. Only downside is the likelihood of PPV.

Moaning about other people moaning. Oh, the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyToughNuts View Post
      Your nan was moaning last night when i fingered her batty hole.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyToughNuts View Post
        Except he didn't moan.

Comment

Comment

Moooannn....this fight is garbage, you garbage eater.

Comment

It is a garbage fight though.

And i'm not going to knock Kell Brook because he wanted Khan and his willingness to fight him was Genuine. It's not his fault he can't get Khan into the ring for his next fight. There are plenty of better second choices than this one though, so it's pretty disappointing but as i say i can't hate too much when it's not his fault Khan couldn't grow a pair and step in the ring.

Comment

The problem is that it's not competitive(yet). As fans we want to see competitive fights and Gavin-Brook isn't. That's why Khan-Algieri got so much hate, not because Algieri is a bad fighter(he's far from it) but because it's easy stylistically and a routine win for Khan. Gavin shouldn't even be at WW and has beat no-one to suggest he can hang with Brook. The Gavin fight would be acceptable if he showed us that he'll be able to compete so if he beat Van Heerden and another top 10-15 WW, that would raise the value of the fight. I would've liked to see Kell fight Diego Chavez because at least he's shown that he can be competitive at the top level as he displayed against Rios, Thurman and Bradley.

Comment

It won't bother me if he fights someone good afterwards. Staying active against less than ideal opponents doesn't bother me if a fighter still fights two or three good fights a year.

Comment

It was never going to be anyone great for May 30th. It's an undercard fight. It is what it is. Brook will headline his own show in June or July. Why can't people get that?

Having said that, it's not a good fight. I'm kinda glad they're getting it out the way now instead of Eddie Hearn building up Gavin and then trying to sell it as a super fight on PPV next year or something.

People were complaining when Diego Chaves was rumoured as the opponent. He looks like Ray Robinson now in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                    X