Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow I buy the iPad mini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel a little disappointed. I did not buy the mini. I was totally sold on it and trying it out and when I got to best buy I started testing it out. It just wasn't for me. Looks like a great tablet and ios is very smooth. Very impressed with the iPad but I found myself irritated with no multitasking. Doing things on it like simple settings changes takes about 3 or 4 clicks more than android. I ended up getting hooked on the galaxy note 10.1. I couldn't put the thing down and the S pen is pretty Damn nice. I will attempt to use this to replace my notepad on the road.

I will wait for 5th gen iPad and make a promise to myself to buy it no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      The prime advantage of Apple over android is the integration of the product line. Everything is designed to work together in such a way that makes your life easier.

If you just have one device, this benefit will largely be lost.
      Google does a great job of doing that as well. Google integration into android products is flawless. I'm sure Apple works great but it's a little more than what I'm looking for. My tablet is for causal use mostly twitter and Web browsing.

Comment

First thing I thought of when reading the thread title was Enrique Iglesias' "Bailamos"

Tonight we dance

ohhh oh ohh ohhhhhhhhhh

I also want to get an iPad, I wouldn't even mind getting a refurbished iPad 2 from the apple store. I totally get how you feel though man, I get turned off almost instantly when I play around with iPhones or iPads at places like best buy. I think if the iPad mini had better resolution then maybe I would just order it and live with it. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Comment

Just got a Nexus 7 for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
            First thing I thought of when reading the thread title was Enrique Iglesias' "Bailamos"

Tonight we dance

ohhh oh ohh ohhhhhhhhhh

I also want to get an iPad, I wouldn't even mind getting a refurbished iPad 2 from the apple store. I totally get how you feel though man, I get turned off almost instantly when I play around with iPhones or iPads at places like best buy. I think if the iPad mini had better resolution then maybe I would just order it and live with it. I'm sure it'll grow on me.
            I hear you! I will never leave Android when it comes to phones, there's no way, iPhone just doesn't come close to cutting it.

Tablet world is little more tempting. I kept trying to convince myself to buy one. I think the app ecosystem in iOS tablets is GREAT. Retna screen is GREAT, but son of a gun I just can't get over how boring it is! and I cant believe a beautiful screen is just thrown to waste by forcing you to just splash all your icons/apps on it! What the hell is wrong with Apple? I also find it weird there's no menu buttons or back button. I mean seriously? Do i really have to exit what I'm doing and scroll through 7 home pages to find my settings app and then navigate through those settings to find the one I want? Do you have to force feed me Safari as a web browser? Why can't I set Chrome as a default? Everyone likes chrome over safari anyways! Why can I not just drag and drop files onto my device? for all the "it just works" BS people say about Apple, it sure is a pain in the ass to do a lot of basic things android does so well.

The ipad just comes off as a toy with no real functionality compared to the Galaxy Note 10.1 (or most android tablets). I'm in love with the S pen (how long before apple copies that?).

I keep trying to convince myself to get an ipad, because I love ANY technology and I want it all! I will go through this again when the 5th generation iPad comes out and see if I can finally convince myself to pull the trigger.

Comment

I'm not disappointed because I was close to getting it for my son.

Comment

I checked out an I Pad. Some reason it seemed too simple to be a keeper for me. You know, like a clean, good looking girl, but soulless. You try to talk to her and she can't say things that touch your heart and make you want to believe that she will be your companion. Great screen, feels solid, but, yes that but, it was just something I would give to a kid, a child to play games. A lack of widgets and such basic things just annoy me, it's like this woman can't give a decent blow job. Not even going to go and waste my time seeing how far I can get her when it comes to sex. Simply put, if you want to get a girl who looks ok to hold hands in a park, get the I Pad. If you want a girl that does everything and is a secret, priceless gem, something that looks great, does everything from cooking, ****ing you in every fantasy you desire, hugs you when you're sad and even plays Halo 4 with you and has a K/D of 2.2/1.... then something made by Asus is for you. More to follow.

I wouldn't get the Nexus 7 either, lovely price but basic as ****, if I was to get something, it would be the Asus Infinity. A little more expensive, but has more to what I desire.

For now, my S3 is perfect for me. A screen size that looks good on my hands. It can do all of what I want and fits in my pocket effortlessly. Maybe the Asus in the January sales. I don't need to get something that works with other devices. I don't go and buy a blue jacket because my girl has a blue jacket so that we match. I am my own man, I buy **** that I want and because I can afford it. Metrosexual guys who look like hipsters and box just to be a different kinda guy to what people expect from him by his looks and shout on forums 'My camera lens is more expensive than your car', or 30 year old roller bladers who go to roller skating events with 15 year old girls are the types to try to maximise that efficiency of making the maximumus experience of seamless, effortlessly less, transitionless, greatless maximus from one device to another. I don't need to sell a ****ing kidney to get one either. Well, you could say I almost pride myself on not following other sheep, wait a minute, I am not one.

Have a good day.

Comment

I got the iPad 2 and it is fecking amazing. I think the mini is a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                    I got the iPad 2 and it is fecking amazing. I think the mini is a waste of money.
                    i was just going to ask what tf is the point in the mini, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                      i was just going to ask what tf is the point in the mini, anyway?
                      To me the iPad mini and the iPhone 5 are the same shet.

Comment

Working...
                      X