No announcement yet.

Cotto v Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    Personally I would like to see Cotto-Margarito II now.

No plaster this time.
    I think Cotto should go after this fight. I agree. Both have a lot to prove.

Comment

anyone end up buying this card or watching it live?

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        I didn't buy it. The first Cotto fight I haven't bought in years. I had family commitments, otherwise I would have, I think it was only $30.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
          I didn't buy it, but I did watch it live.

Even though I had Cotto winning most of the rounds, it was still a competitive fight. Yuri even stunned him with some straight right hands in the 4th.

It was a close fight up until the 7th round when Yuri slipped on some water in Cotto's corner. When he got back up, it was clear that he had stuffed his knee. He was limping and couldn't move about the ring. Once his movement was taken away, he was a sitting duck.

There was a bit of controversy when Yuri's corner chucked in the towel at one point. They ref seemed to stop the fight and everybody climbed in the ring. Then Foreman insisted on continuing and everybody got out of the ring and the fight restarted. It was pretty bizarre to say the least.

Comment

I want to see Cotto-Margarito 2 perhaps more than any other fight. That and Pac-Mayweather are boxing's two ultimate grudge-fests needing settled in 2010.

I understand if Cotto wants no part of it however. He believes Margarito should not be allowed to fight again, and that no elite fighter should reward him with a big pay-day by fighting him. If one ignores all the calls for 'Margacheato's' blood and the desire for Cotto's revenge, the Puerto Rican has a very good point. Never getting a big pay-day as punishment for trying to cheat and endanger Mosley's life is a very cold serving of vengeance indeed. Not to forget either how Mosley and Brother Nazim together did an outstanding job exposing the 'Margacheato' infamy, and destroying the Magarito legend, that surreal night in January 2009.

But **** man, I'd still love to see the rematch!

Comment

Firstly congrats on those who picked Cotto to win, I wish I did. The outcome of that fight put a dent in my betfair account.

Just got around to watching this last night, it was a very good fight. It was alot more entertaining than most expected including myself. I was quite surprised by both fighters in terms of their execution and technique.

Cotto looked really good, he moved well and was not as stagnant as some of his past fights. His Jab was outstanding, he cut off the ring well and negated foreman's speed. Furthermore Cotto's money punch the left hook, came back in this fight. He countered well from inside with it and eventually stopped the fight with his trademark left hook to the body.

As for Foreman, even though he lost I gained a ton of respect for this guy. Honestly I don't think he is as bad as many make him out to be. If he didn't slip, man this would have been an even more entertaining fight (I would still favour cotto to win in a close one though). He found a home for the straight right which he landed repeatedly throughout the fight and I was really surprised by his willingness to exchange even before he injured himself. It's testament to his characture that he didn't quit because many would have, he stood right in front of Cotto and went to war. Much Respect even though he came off second best.

Even though I lost money I was still happy because at long last, the good guy finally won.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
              X