Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overeem Not Worried By Rogers, Wants Fedor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overreem should KO him. But I'm not counting out Rodgers...

Comment

Overeem KO1 by knees. Those have to be the most vicious knees in combat sports period!

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
        Overeem KO1 by knees. Those have to be the most vicious knees in combat sports period!

overeem is on another level compared to rogers...
        rogers won't take it over the 1 round, overeem by KO( by KNEE's) man u gotta love those knees hahaha...
        overeem's guillotine choke is also a problem for rogers ;-)

Comment

Guess ill be the black sheep here WAR ROGERS . O and steelfist your a joke your biased towards any black fighter and you always scream racism .

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            Yeah. Fedor and his management were just recently trying to get a fight with Yoshida. LOL

Fedor is fast becoming a joke
            Yes thats true, Fedor wanted to fight Yoshida but that fight never happened because of his hand problems. Hidehiko Yoshida is a hero in Japanese MMA and Yoshida, Fedor and many other legends turned out to celebrate his retirement. Fedor thought that a fight against Yoshida was a great honour.

Fedors management has gotten him 3 top ten opponents in a row including 2 UFC HW champions and one former undefeated fighter. Fedors management also tried to get the Josh Barnett fight who at the time was ranked number 2.

No other current top 10 HW (apart from Fedor) has challenged and beaten so many other top 10 opponents in his last three fights. Cain, Carwin, Overeem, Brett, Lesnar JDS havent even gone up against 2 top 10 fighters. Whereas Fedor has fought against 3 top 10 fighters in his last three fights.

Originally posted by flyinpig
            Yoshida, Kokuho, and Fedor participated in an interview two days after the ASTRA event. Below is a translated excerpt:

Kokuho:
            Yesterday I had another chance to reflect upon what's happened, and I feel that it was truly wonderful that the event was held. After the event, I received over 100 phone calls and emails. Some people said that the ASTRA event reminded them of the excitement from the PRIDE days. Yoshida and I have known each other for over 20 years and I feel this was a great finale.

Yoshida---
            Hello everyone. After having fought two days ago, I feel refreshed now. Some parts of my body are hurting, but my mind is at ease. By no means did I expect Fedor to come here, so spasibo (thank you in Russian) to him.

Fedor---
            Konnichiwa. I regret that Yoshida has retired. Because I very much like to watch his fights. I heard that he will have an active role as a trainer. I wish him the best. As he is a Olympic gold medalist, I am sure he will flourish also as a leader.

I am happy to be able to come back to Japan. I love Japan, so it's a big event for me to come here. Thank you to all the organizers for renting this facility.

Q&A---

Q: Is it true that you were a potential opponent for Yoshida's last fight?

Fedor: Yes. That is what I have heard. I am honored that Yoshida wanted to fight me. I was very happy with the offer, but I could not do it because of my hand injury. It would have been a true honor to fight Yoshida.

Q: Yoshida will now go back to judo. When the time comes for you to retire, do you have thoughts on going back to judo?

Fedor: When the time comes for me to retire from MMA, I may go back to judo.

Kokuho: Yoshida and I have been planning on touring the world and looking at judo in different countries and were talking about going to Fedor's home country of Russia.

Yoshida: Judo in Japan is stagnant now so I am interested to see how it is in other parts of the world. Putin does judo so I definitely want to check out Russia. If it's judo, I'll practice with Fedor (laugh).

Q: So we never had an opportunity to see Fedor vs Yoshida.

Fedor: It's regrettable that we never got to fight in the ring. But maybe someday soon, we will battle on the tatami mat.

Yoshida: If PRIDE continued on, I think our paths would have crossed at some point. Since the fight never materialized, when Fedor retires we can have a judo match (laughter).

Q: Who are you entrusting to take the torch from you and battle Fedor?

Yoshida: Kaz Nakamura. I want him to do it. TK (Kosaka) always said that Kaz's punches really hurt.

Q: Will you still involve yourself in MMA?

Yoshida: It depends how my discussions with the All-Japan Judo Federation, but I want to do as much as I can.

Kokuho: After Yoshida's fight, Fedor stopped by the waiting room. Since Fedor came to root him on, Yoshida and I were talking about going to Fedor's next fight to return the support. It would be great if we can deepen our ties with Fedor through judo.

Fedor: I have done judo, but my love is sambo. But if it's with Yoshida-san, I would be honored to deepen our exchanges through judo.

Q: Fedor, is your next fight in Strikeforce finalized?

Fedor: It's been decided that I will fight Fabricio Werdum in late June.

Q:Is there any possibility that you'll fight in Japan?

Fedor: I would really like to fight in Japan.

After the interview session, Yoshida pulled Fedor aside and gave him a gift - judo gi.

-------
            So the Werdum fight is official?

Please, no Kaz vs Fedor!

-------

http://www.astra-official.com/topics...s-astra-3.html

Comment

Rogers is an overrated bum..He had potential, but he's just not that good..

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                Rogers is an overrated bum..He had potential, but he's just not that good..
                Not as over rated as Mir. Rogers went up against the number 1 and 2 HW, a loss against either doesnt look good but Fedor and Overeem are just in another league.

Comment

Working...
                X