Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting to think this fight is going to hit 2 Million PPV buys (ESPN Coverage)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    That picture you have there of Phoney Phloyd looks remarkably like good old King Kong.
    How long did it take to come up with PHoney PHloyd did you practice that in the mirror first.

Comment

I haven't been this excited for a boxing event in years

Comment

Also been all over fox sports 1. Hopefully the entire card is very entertaining and puts boxing in the news for a couple of days. Gives Matthysse and Garcia exposure so more excitement for future PPV. Lets face it Pac and May (And possibly canelo if he wins) are the only ones that can make a PPV (and even then sometimes the numbers don't quite scream success).

Comment

in other news..... pacquiao-rios sells 200k

Comment

everyone around here is hyped on it and boxing isnt that popular here either, i think its gonna break 2 million easily

Comment

I can see 1.2-1.4 million buys nothing more. You guys over rate the casual fans Interest in boxing fights nowadays ontop of the high price with this economy. It will sell because of Maywesther and the Mexicans with Canelo.

It'll do similar or close to the number with the Cotto fight. 2mil is Pac-Mayweather level. Not canelo.

Comment

Its the biggest fight that can be made in boxing today.. People were spent talking about Pac vs. May and it never happened which is BS and now we have a fight that actually was made.. Although I dont think Canelo is a worldwide star as Pac is people will buy his just cause they want to see Floyd fight someone worth their money..

Oh and the undercard is worth it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                  I can see 1.2-1.4 million buys nothing more. You guys over rate the casual fans Interest in boxing fights nowadays ontop of the high price with this economy. It will sell because of Maywesther and the Mexicans with Canelo.

It'll do similar or close to the number with the Cotto fight. 2mil is Pac-Mayweather level. Not canelo.
                  You are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post

Nah. Canelo brings a huge Mexican audience Cotto didn't bring, and Canelo poses a threat to Floyd Cotto didn't pose. Not to mention this promotion was was more intense; this fight sold out immediately whereas the Cotto fight didn't completely sell out at all, and the CBS factor, along with ESPN, etc, will bring a few hundred thousand more potentially. This fight does at minimum 1.8 and could go as high as 2.2 if they finish the promotion up strongly this week.

I know one buy they're going to get: Mine! I just ordered it. $75.00 via ATT Uverse in HD. Phucking stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
                      Nah. Canelo brings a huge Mexican audience Cotto didn't bring, and Canelo poses a threat to Floyd Cotto didn't pose. Not to mention this promotion was was more intense; this fight sold out immediately whereas the Cotto fight didn't completely sell out at all, and the CBS factor, along with ESPN, etc, will bring a few hundred thousand more potentially. This fight does at minimum 1.8 and could go as high as 2.2 if they finish the promotion up strongly this week.

I know one buy they're going to get: Mine! I just ordered it. $75.00 via ATT Uverse in HD. Phucking stoked!
                      i always thought the mexican audience was one you could bank on for all the huge fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X