Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Adviser Explains Why Tim Bradley Was Selected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Adviser Explains Why Tim Bradley Was Selected

On April 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley for the third time. Going into this promotion, veteran promoter Bob Arum has said he will not be marketing this as Pacquiao's final fight for fear that 'the Pac Man' may fight on past this date.

[Click Here To Read More]

have zero interest in this fight, I'll pass

Comment

If you have to keep explaining it so much then you're doing it wrong. No one wanted this fight.

Comment

The fact of the matter is, Manny is more concerned, and has always been more concerned, about the financial aspect of it all..It was never about facing the best opposition out there..Had that been the case, we would see Manny v Crawford...the easiest fight to make.

Comment

Money. End of story

Comment

Hopefully this fight tanks big time.

It's not our fault, we were running out of options on opponents. That's the bottom line
            Top Rank gonna Top Rank.

Comment

Read between the lines. Bradley was the easiest fight out of the limited options presented by Top Rank. Crawford was too risky a fight but that was probably Top Rank's top choice but the worst match up for Manny. Khan overpriced himself and is a tougher fight then Bradley because he already beat him twice. I think it came down to Bradley or Khan and they went for the easy money.

I don't think Broner was ever a real option because of Haymon and Arum. Khan I believe was despite being a Haymon fighter because his camp went public saying they weren't dealing with Haymon to make a fight and if they had Haymon would of had zero control in it. Both Manny and Khan confirmed that there was real negations and contracts sent back and forth. It will be very interesting to see what happens to Khan's relationship with Haymon now after he went renegade behind Haymon's back and still didn't get the fight.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-12-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

No one cares

Comment

I would love to hear Khan's side of the story on him pricing himself out of this fight when he's done nothing but practically bet for a shot at either Floyd or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    If you have to keep explaining it so much then you're doing it wrong. No one wanted this fight.

yep, they all sound so defensive...a good fight sells itself, they know it's a dud

Comment

Working...
                    X