Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters that went on too long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy, Holyfield & Shane for active fighters, and Ali,Joe Loius, Duran, Ray Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I won't name obvious one's. I want to talk about active fighters who it's not that obvious that they're done.

Juan Manuel Marquez continuing to fight after the biggest win of his career at 39 where he was visibly hurt and looked the worst he's ever looked against Pacquiao, despite the two big right nuclear bombs he landed.

Floyd Mayweather Jr signing a 6 fight deal at 36 years old. To be fulfilled by 2 years. Yeah, I want to see that.

Bernard Hopkins could have retired right after the second Pascal fight. Wins over Cloud and possibly Cleverly would be good wins against young, undefeated, top 10 fighters but not as popular as beating Pavlik and Pascal.
      I disagree with every word you wrote.

First off, Juan Manual Marquez is in for one big payday, which is reason enough to continue. I can't see any reason why he would want to quit right now. He looked worse against Juan Diaz until he, again, took over the fight.

Floyd going forbes sports #1 again on this contract, why in the world would he not sign that?! $250 mil!

And Bernard Hopkins made modern day history by continue, his body could coop and he's still beating champions to this day, being the oldest champion ever! He could've stopped, but he wouldn't be remembered for his biggest achievement.

Comment

Honorable mention goes to George Foreman who at 55 said that if Vitali beat Lennox, he'd come out of retirement!

Comment

James Toney. Still boxing now even though he's punch drunk and way out of shape

Comment

Tyrone Trice is speaking of a return to the ring........ Rockin'

Comment

baldomir-floyd...oh i thought you said fights

Comment

Currently: Roy Jones, James Toney, Shane Mosley, David Tua, Enzo Macaranelli, Anthony Mundine, Jermaine Taylor, Cory Spinks, Fernando Montiel, Nobuo Nashiro, Ali Funeka, and Juan Carlos Gomez.

Comment

Bronco McKart, Yori Boy Campas, Chavez Sr

Comment

RJJ... shoulda quit after the Ruiz fight

Comment

Jose Luis Castillo, about 6 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X