Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current JMM DESTROYS any version on Hatton!! Agree??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think JMM could have beaten Hatton.

It would have been a great fight if it would have happened before Mayweather sent Hatton on a date with the ring post. That ring post destroyed lives and was a home wrecker! lol

Hatton was never the same after that, neither was his fan base. Now, we have the *******s.... (even worse). They too will disappear like that whore of a ring post that used and abused Hatton like it did.... it was embarrassing.

However, I would favor Hatton but think JMM would make it very interesting.

Comment

jmm doesnt destroy folks, he outwits them.

jmm wins this one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        No way, Hatton corners him and doesn't let him out. Marquez would need the ref to pull Hatton off him (just like Floyd).

It really does all depend on the referee, if he allows an inside fight Hatton wins comfortably, if he forces a gap every 5 seconds, Marquez probably outboxes Rick.
        hahaha they are not even on the same level!! JMM is close to an ATG....especially in skills. He would prepared more for Hatton than what he did for Diaz. He knew Diaz was feather fisted and didnt stand a chance...same with kats! Everytime Hatton took on someone of elite level he got crushed. HE GOT KTFO on TWO RDS by Manny!!!! LOL He got beat my Collazo. The dude grabbed every 4 seconds. Thats not even boxing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          I don't know about destory, but it would definitely be a FOTY type of fight. At 140, Hatton in his prime (2002-2007) would give a past prime-still good Marquez (2006-2009) problems. Hatton is a pressure fighter, who likes to get on the inside. If Marquez could counter him well, just like he does with Pacquiao and just like Floyd did to Hatton, I'd pick Marquez by a solid UD. But, if Hatton could cut the ring, something Pacquiao can't do, and take the fight to the inside and the ropes, he could win a close decision over Marquez.

Don't base Ricky's career of the Pac-Hatton fight. That was like Foreman-Frazier I, soemthing just had to give. Both are come forward fighters, hard punchers, and Pacquiao KO'd Hatton. Also, you gotta take into account that Hatton looked like s**t against Lazcano and Malignaggi, after Mayweather KO'd him.

Marquez could find himself in trouble though, just like he was with Juan Diaz and Michael Katsidis. People tend to forget now, because he gave Pacquiao big problems again, that Marquez looked far past his prime in 2010 against Diaz and Katsidis. He needed the KO to beat Diaz, and got floored by Katsidis.

Hattonw as good, a good win or two away from being an ATG in his era, kinda like Cotto. If Ricky had one other good win on his resume, people would talk about him as an ATG of his era. Cotto needs another good win to cement his legacy as an ATG of this era as well.
          Whilst i agree Ricky gives him a damn good fight, JMM put on a masterclass against Kats. Bar getting sloppy and getting dropped (but not hurt) in a rd he was winning, he put a beating on Kats.

Kats didnt land much on him at all. (i didnt hear the HBO commontary but apparently they were all over Kats giving him credit for punches that weren't landing)

Comment

hatton wasn't that bad and he actually has power

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
              hahaha they are not even on the same level!! JMM is close to an ATG....especially in skills. He would prepared more for Hatton than what he did for Diaz. He knew Diaz was feather fisted and didnt stand a chance...same with kats! Everytime Hatton took on someone of elite level he got crushed. HE GOT KTFO on TWO RDS by Manny!!!! LOL He got beat my Collazo. The dude grabbed every 4 seconds. Thats not even boxing!!!
              He fought Collazo at 147, Mayweather too. He was good enough to win a world title at that weight but just like Marquez it was never really his weight class.

Diaz is not in the same class of inside fighter as Hatton was and Diaz had Marquez in all sorts of trouble. It's a bad style match-up for JMM and styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                He fought Collazo at 147, Mayweather too. He was good enough to win a world title at that weight but just like Marquez it was never really his weight class.

Diaz is not in the same class of inside fighter as Hatton was and Diaz had Marquez in all sorts of trouble. It's a bad style match-up for JMM and styles make fights.
                MANNY PACQUIA couldnt hurt marquez last Saturday....I doubt Hatton could. Marquez said that he didnt feel Pacs punches.....mosley said pac hits ****in hard! in my honest opinion they are not in the same class. How would you have kats vs hatton going down?

Comment

JMM stands a good shot of beating Hatton, Hatton is a good fighter but he does really posses the attributes that would allow him to win easily and I have to think JMM could counter those wide shots of Hatton.

Interesting fight but JMM all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
                    MANNY PACQUIA couldnt hurt marquez last Saturday....I doubt Hatton could. Marquez said that he didnt feel Pacs punches.....mosley said pac hits ****in hard! in my honest opinion they are not in the same class. How would you have kats vs hatton going down?
                    Pac stands a metre or so away and tries to box JMM, not a good move, JMM is the superior boxer. Hatton would not give him space to box, just as he didn't give Tszyu any space. Admittedly, it all depends on the referee allowing an inside fight.

Katsidis is past his best now but it would have been a good tear-up in his prime, but imo a prime Hatton beats him. Just my opinions.

Comment

Wouldnt destroy him but I'd probably pick Marquez to outbox Ricky. Hatton would have success being bigger and stronger with his swarming style. But JMM would find him with combos easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X