Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez needs to stop ducking Dmitry Pirog!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
    Rocky Juarez has stepped into the ring with everyone, I guess that means he deserves to fight Brandon Rios for the title instead of someone like Linares.

That's awesome that you'd take so much time trying to support this kind of argument.

Bless your heart.

i thought this was a troll account but u truly are an idiot. good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      N'Jikam-Martinez would be an interesting fight too. But N'Dam doesn't really have a belt, just that interim strap. And he hasn't gone to the US and KOed a top Golden Boy up-and-comer in a spectacular way, like Pirog has.

Golovkin-Martinez and Pirog-Martinez would be interesting fights, but Barker-Martinez didn't excite me at all. Did you see the odds against Barker?

Mr. Rold, do I detect a bit of unfair negativity in you toward fighters from the former USSR? And does that have something to do with you growing up in the US during the Cold War?
      Barker sucked. How many times do I need to be critical of that farce for you to get that. Negativity? Not at all. I like Pirog and love the crop of Middles coming up. Golovkin is MUST see TV. I think HBO favoring Lee opens them to the criticism that they are trying to avoid seeing the Middleweight crown head where Heavyweight already is and, given the talents in place, that's inevitable. Unlike Heavyweight, this is a crew of entertaining, devoted pros. It's going to be a good time.

However, to get a shot at the crown, sometimes you have to put the champ in a position where real public pressure emerges. Pirog isn't doing that. You admit he came to the U.S. and beat a prospect...how about a real top ten Middleweight. Burnish those creds and really make the champ look bad if he doesn't take the fight. So he has a paper belt? Who doesn't these days?

My argument stands. You can try to make it about your ridiculous fixation with the Cold War or whatever other stupid ass, psuedo racist or ethnocentric horse ish you're on today, but Pirog has beaten less than other contenders at Middle. My Grandfather fought in the Korean War...shouldn't that mean I'd hate on Jung Koo Chang or Myung Wuh Yuh? What stupidity.

Martinez can't get away with another Barker. There's nothing Pirog has done in the ring that says next MUST be him and some, if not all, of that blame goes on what Pirog hasn't done since the Jacobs fight.
      Last edited by crold1; 10-02-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Says who? N'Jikam beat Martirosyan worse and Lorenzo is a better win than Jacobs. Clearly, this is the man Martinez is really ducking.
        I think the attraction of a fight is up to anyone to decide. In my eyes Pirog vs Martinez is a sexier fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i thought this was a troll account but u truly are an idiot. good luck with that.
          Tell me more about how losing fights makes you a top contender.

Rocky Juarez p4p#1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Proksa definitely deserves a title shot. I'd like to see him in with Sturm or Geale next, but they may decide to duck him and face softer opposition.

Hopefully he will attain mandatory status by one of the ABCs but he doesn't have a powerful promoter. He should sign with Sauerland.
            I would rather see Proksa sign with Main Events, maybe fight out of NJ like Adamek. They seem to be good promoters. He fights out of the UK currently, who is his promoter?

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            thats dumb. there are better fights than pirog no matter how u look at it. to say pirog is ahead of the proverbial pack tells me ppl really dont kno much about wats going on in that division.

i mean seriously who as pirog beat to make him #1 contender?
            Martinez will consider Barker, Chavez, Lee although none are as good as Pirog. Lee and Chavez are bigger draws though and Martinez wants money. Geale, Pirog, Macklin, Khurtsidze, Rubio are the best possible MW's that are available and willing.

Golovkin - Universum legal trouble which should come to an end in a couple months. Late 2011 early 2012 he'd also be a top opponent
            N'jikam - won't take it given his track record with Golovkin, 4 ducks.
            Proksa - as deserving as most but should probably have a couple more world level fights first.
            Sturm - can't see him ever risking it.

Says who? N'Jikam beat Martirosyan worse and Lorenzo is a better win than Jacobs. Clearly, this is the man Martinez is really ducking.
            Khurtsidze is N'dam N'jikam's best win but i doubt he would take a Martinez fight. Pirog would love too.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              I think the attraction of a fight is up to anyone to decide. In my eyes Pirog vs Martinez is a sexier fight.
              I actually agree with you. Pirog has a good style for Martinez. However, the point is, neither has really done anything to really DESERVE a must crack at Martinez. Neither did Barker, but sometimes champs take a fight against a guy who is a walk because they get paid for it. Champs have had, and always will, have that privilege. Sucks, but it exists. It would suck less if the walkover wasn't half an activity schedule for the year.

It doesn't eliminate the fact that, for the guys who have hopes for the crown, there is a responsibility to force the champs hand sometimes too.

Comment

I actually agree with you. Pirog has a good style for Martinez. However, the point is, neither has really done anything to really DESERVE a must crack at Martinez. Neither did Barker, but sometimes champs take a fight against a guy who is a walk because they get paid for it. Champs have had, and always will, have that privilege. Sucks, but it exists. It would suck less if the walkover wasn't half an activity schedule for the year.

It doesn't eliminate the fact that, for the guys who have hopes for the crown, there is a responsibility to force the champs hand sometimes too.
                Yeah, I'm not one of the pirog chanters. I don't think hes done anything to stand out as a guy Martinez have to fight. I think theres a handful of names at 160 that has a better case (at least).

Comment

N'Jikam did NOT beat Martirosyan "worse" than Pirog - it was a more competitive fight.

Did you actually see both fights?

Comment

Pirog is a unique combination of power and slickness just like Serg.

Best fight at Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      Pirog is a unique combination of power and slickness just like Serg.

Best fight at Middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X