No announcement yet.

I just dont get Agnosticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Like those trendy assh*les who claim to be "spiritual, not religious" while taking a break from sniffing their own farts.
    To me they are almost as bad as the ones who watched a couple of youtube videos and came to the conclusion of

Originally posted by Fury View Post
    Christianity is a astrological story.
    Last edited by Enayze; 02-09-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      I have no idea if it's "more scientific" or not, I simply don't know if god exists.
      I guess my problem is with the idea of a 'god'. Calling something a god implies it is supernatural, and it requires faith to believe in it. Imo you can only rationally believe something if has been proven, thus making whatever being you were calling a god not supernatural, as it exists within reality as we understand it. It is just a being like you and me, existing under the same laws of physics that we do.

For example say a society believed the wind was made by a god right. There were many folklaws and tales about what riled up the god and made him blow his wind and such. People had no proof he existed but they had faith he was there. Then one day someone was out walking and found it was actually created by a massive animal farting. For all intents and purposes this is the god they previously had faith in. Only now they have proven its existence the animal is not a god anymore. Its just another animal in the world. It is reality just as much as a bird or something.

Im not sure im making myself clear so please call me up on it if im not...

Comment

the thing that made me become a full blown atheist was asking myself if i would be agnostic(as in agnostic atheism, no 50/50 bs) for the tooth fairy.....then it seemed like calling myself agnostic was puzzy s.hit.

Comment

I don't know if I shake my head or laugh at people who claim to have absolute knowledge that there is no god then gets mad at people who claim that their belief is the absolute truth.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
            I don't know if I shake my head or laugh at people who claim to have absolute knowledge that there is no god then gets mad at people who claim that their belief is the absolute truth.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

atheist and religious are both insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

Absolutely certain there is NO God(s) as described by all the Religion's known to men. Agnostic on the fact that we don't know what's out there in the Universe, therefore holding out.
              Agnostic-atheism is a contradiction. Atheism is not a lack of belief it is a belief gods do not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                To me they are almost as bad as the ones who watched a couple of youtube videos and came to the conclusion of
                I'm both.

Comment

There is no such thing as a true agnostic.

An absolute agnostic is a person who, after reviewing the physical evidence and philosophical arguments for and against the existence of gods comes to the conclusion that it is equally probable that deities do exist as it is that they do not.

Therefore, in practical reality, an absolute agnostic most likely doesn't exist.
                  Thankfully reality is not practical, we each have our own world that happens to coexist with our peers.

A true agnostic is someone who believes that reality is not defined by your senses. Just because you can not see it does not mean it doesn't exist.

An out-and-out agnostic is someone who knows we have not discovered everything there is to know about life. That our views about life are constantly evolving.

Somewhere in some version of reality I am shagging Emma Watson. The possibilities of life are endless.

People who claim to be an out-and-out agnostic are either exceedingly ignorant of the English language or they simply claim to be agnostic so as not to offend either the religious or the non-religious, and I have nothing but contempt for them.
                  Agnostics are not worried about offending the religious or non-religious, they scoff at them for seeing the world in such a black and white manner - in such extremes.
                  Last edited by Konstantin; 02-10-2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

I never looked into agnosticism but I had assumed it was the 'I don't know' classification.

Comment

Its trendy to be atheist right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X