64-Man Epic BoxingScene Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
    THE RESULTS

These are my results. You wanna debate it? I'm all ears.

Ray Mercer vs Jim Corbett - Mercer UD
    Michael Moorer vs Max Baer - Baer Rd.7 TKO
    Gregorio Peralta vs Joe Jeanette - Jeannette Rd.11 TKO
    Jameel McCline vs George Godfrey - Godfrey Rd.6 KO
    Hashim Rahman vs Jack Sharkley - Sharkley Rd.9 KO
    John Ruiz vs Jerry Quarry - Quarry Rd.5 TKO
    Kirk Johnson vs Elmer Ray - Ray Rd.12 KO
    Buddy Baer vs Jimmy Young - Young UD
    Trevor Berbick vs Floyd Patterson - Berbick Rd.6 KO
    Roland LaStarza vs Mike Tyson - Tyson Rd.10 KO
    Oscar Bonavena vs Jersey Joe Walcott - Walcott SD
    Roy Jones Jr. vs Ezzard Charles - Charles Rd.14 KO
    Gunboat Smith vs Rocky Marciano - Marciano Rd.2 KO
    Young Stribling vs Gene Tunney - Tunney UD
    John Sullivan vs Jim Jeffries - Jeffries Rd.15 KO (this one was an epic)
    Tim Witherspoon vs Peter Jackson - Jackson Rd.14 TKO
    Ron Lyle vs Riddick Bowe - Bowe Rd.13 KO
    Carl 'The Truth' Williams vs Evander Holyfield - Holyfield Rd.11 TKO
    George Chuvalo vs Larry Holmes - Holmes UD
    Chris Byrd vs Lennox Lewis - Lewis Rd.5 KO
    Bob Fitzsimmons vs Jack Dempsey - Dempsey Rd.6 KO
    Earnie Shavers vs Sonny Liston - Liston Rd.8 KO
    Jess Willard vs Sam Langford - Langford Rd.3 KO
    David Tua vs Sam McVey - Tua Rd.10 TKO
    Wladimir Klitschko vs Joe Louis - Louis Rd.1 KO (feel so sorry for WK fans, unfortunate piece of scheduling. WK deserved to progress further)

Leon Spinks vs Joe Frazier - Frazier Rd.2 KO
    Jimmy Ellis vs Max Schmeling - Schmeling Rd.3 TKO
    Ingemaar Johansson vs Jack Johnson - Johnson Rd.11 KO
    Vitali Klitschko vs Ken Norton - Norton MD (what a match it was!)
    Michael Spinks vs George Foreman - Foreman KO's Spinks faster than Tyson did. He probably KO's him before the bell.

Archie Moore vs Harry Wills - Wills Rd.9 TKO
    Cleveland Williams vs Muhammad Ali - Ali Rd.5 KO
    I believe you had a go at me for saying the exact thing.

I don't think Louis KO'S Wlad THAT early but, that's just me.

Dempsey takes longer than 6 to KO Fitz if he even manages to. Your underrating Fitz toughness hugely.

Walcott does wayyy more than SD Bonavena.

Berbick does not beat Patterson.

Comment

Berbick beating Patterson is an upset, thats for sure. Do you mean to say Berbick has no chance of ever beating Prime Patterson? hmmmm..... explain the logic and I'll change it.

Louis had one of the greatest punching powers in HW history. And WK dont have that hard a chin, does he? Would Rd.3 KO work?

Bonavena was a lashing monster. Jersey Joe could KO Bonavena with that combination of his. But, I think that KO would probably occur late in the match, so I guess I should change it to Walcott UD or Walcott Rd.15 TKO?

Yes, Bob was tough, but think, could he stand against the furious combinations of Dempsey? just think about the Willard match. Dempsey pummelled a giant and reduced him to a pair of matchsticks (dont bother with the loaded gloves theory). Will you stll suggest that I should change my result? (i'm very unwilling on this one)

As for the Foreman debate, Spinks will be totally outweighed, outsized, er...outintimidated by Big George. And if we take the Frazier-Foreman then we shouldn't be even debating this at all. As for me having a go, Shavers and Liston squared off well in terms of Physique, and Shavers could punch too. Spinks should have stayed at LHW.

Comment

Berbick beating Patterson is an upset, thats for sure. Do you mean to say Berbick has no chance of ever beating Prime Patterson? hmmmm..... explain the logic and I'll change it.

Louis had one of the greatest punching powers in HW history. And WK dont have that hard a chin, does he? Would Rd.3 KO work?

Bonavena was a lashing monster. Jersey Joe could KO Bonavena with that combination of his. But, I think that KO would probably occur late in the match, so I guess I should change it to Walcott UD or Walcott Rd.15 TKO?

Yes, Bob was tough, but think, could he stand against the furious combinations of Dempsey? just think about the Willard match. Dempsey pummelled a giant and reduced him to a pair of matchsticks (dont bother with the loaded gloves theory). Will you stll suggest that I should change my result? (i'm very unwilling on this one)

As for the Foreman debate, Spinks will be totally outweighed, outsized, er...outintimidated by Big George. And if we take the Frazier-Foreman then we shouldn't be even debating this at all. As for me having a go, Shavers and Liston squared off well in terms of Physique, and Shavers could punch too. Spinks should have stayed at LHW.
        You can't go with upests, you go with the most probably result. Anyone has a chance of beting anybody. Especially with an average at best chin liek Pattersons got. Berbicks chin wasn;t great either though and Patterson was 100x more skilled. There's a reason Berbick is regarded as one of the worst Champions in history.

I just don't think Louis would be aggresive enough first round to KO Wlad that quick. He would take 3 or 4 rounds to work him out and then it's light out from there.

Jersey Joe is just hugely more skilled than Bonavena, end of story.

Bob is 100x the fighter Williard was. Bob also does not have a style of any similarity to Williard. Fitzsimmons would clash with Dempsey and both would just swing at each other until the KO which would never come and Dempsey would win by UD.

Just my opinions.

Comment

Right...... Barn, you made your predictions clear. I'll wait for some other posters and then continue my thread. @Jab

Comment

Right...... Barn, you made your predictions clear. I'll wait for some other posters and then continue my thread. @Jab
            Good to see you back. I had a feeling you would be.

Comment

Working...
            X