Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin: Jacobs is the most qualified MW, serious challenge, so I want to fight him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a time when I'd log on to see if the fight was set. Slowly that turned into logging on to see if a purse bid had been set. Now I don't even expect to see anything from either team. I want to be hopeful that the silence is a positive sign but it's gotten real hard to be positive about this fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      It's not Golovkin's problem. It's not K2 problem. It's not Lloefler's problem.

The problem is that this guys are asking for money they are not worth, just because they think they are gonna lose.
      This is exactly the issue. I don't blame these guys for wanting a big payday. If they're going to get in the ring with Golovkin and take the heat (beating) they might as well get compensated for it. And Jacobs will take a serious beating IMHO so he's going to try to cash in while he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        On paper, Jacobs is the best MW for him to take on right now. Real world, I think Jacobs' style is all wrong and he'll get wrecked. Far too lax, not rugged enough. But, it's the next fight that should happen and I'd really like them to get this out of the way.
        If K2 believed that....the fight would have happened already.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think Jacobs knocks out every middleweight except Canelo and GGG. GGG and Canelo have iron jaws and have never been knocked down. Jacobs was knocked down by light hitter Mora. GGG and Canelo can take Jacob's punch better than he can take their punches so they probably knock him out. Jacobs is a dangerous fight for anyone. Jacobs has fast hands and accurate combinations and everything he throws is has serious power. Jacobs knocks out everybody he fights just like GGG does.
          I remember when Antonio Margarito had an iron jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            If K2 believed that....the fight would have happened already.
            K2 treats him like a show-dog. They are going to maximize their investment at all cost. I don't think his personal sentiments are reflected by their management, though he will always be judged by it so long as he remains quiet. Hearing his view is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              It's not Golovkin's problem. It's not K2 problem. It's not Lloefler's problem.

The problem is that this guys are asking for money they are not worth, just because they think they are gonna lose.

The other problem, is that some of the boxing fans are putting the blame in the wrong place. The best MW, willing to face the best MW's since he turned pro, gets avoided, people vacate belts, ask for unreasonable money, yet the problem is on him or his management. It's like blaming a girl for using a skirt when being rapped. It'll surprise many but when a woman is raped the first thing many people ask is what was she wearing, as if it somehow it would be her fault to be raped because of some reason.

The blame is on the duckers, the shameless duckers that people should stop supporting.
              Golovkin is likely to end up missing out on the Alvarez fight over asking for too much money, so what's your point. In case you missed it, Golovkin's last primetime HBO date saw his getting a disclosed $2m purse.

The money is there, yet Golovkin and K2 seemingly refuse to pay anyone to try and make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                I remember when Antonio Margarito had an iron jaw.
                Margarito does.

Margarito has never been stopped or dropped from a flush shot to the chin.

Funny you think that's funny.

Comment

Just get this **** done. Go to a purse bid, enough stalling.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Just get this **** done. Go to a purse bid, enough stalling.
                    Purse bid = Jacobs vacates. That's why the Wba is letting it drag out, they want the fight made

Comment

Jacobs vs Saunders, Eubanks or Canelo is competitive as is any against each other, fück GGG he's cleared the division out time to move up no more soft defences or mismatches.

Comment

Working...
                      X