Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo The New Mexican Mayweather? ''Mexico hates Nelo'' fake rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will like him until something better comes along. I think that sums it up.

If he keeps up the 155 clownery and keeps picking on smaller guys eventually another mexican fighter will get popular and he will play second fiddle. Matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Canelo is ideally Mexico's superstar boxer, second Marquez..

What's with all the fake media saying that Mexico doesn't support Alvarez? When Chavez Jr. was in the spotlight, his fans said everything against Alvarez...
      During Marquez 3-4, Marquez was hating on Alvarez, along with Marquez' fans and the loyalty...

Hard to believe ''Mexican fans'' are rooting for Lil'G because HBO sold this fake idea about ''Mexican style'' as if Mexican boxing fans think Lil'G's non special effects is the defacto of Mexican boxing..

lol. gtfoh
      I thought you were going to say is he ducking, using catchweight or waiting for fighters to age so they're not in their prime anymore. I'd say he sure passed Mayweather 101 with an A+ who's next to take this Class Spence ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        I thought you were going to say is he ducking, using catchweight or waiting for fighters to age so they're not in their prime anymore. I'd say he sure passed Mayweather 101 with an A+ who's next to take this Class Spence ?
        Voluntary Defense to make money with Khan is a no brainer, every industry expert and now fans acknowledge this.

We are still waiting for the Khan vs Nelo outcome. Clearly from when Wade was beaten a fighter has aged? Patience is a virtue. Hype and propaganda is another..

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          I read here all the time that ''Mexican'' boxing fans hate Nelo and root for Lil'G. I could see how ESPN's Spanish or Mexican version with Julio Cesar Chavez could influence a non liking for Alvarez from 2013 to perhaps present, although Chavez Sr. has changed his tone as well as Marquez, but people need to realize that any ''hate'' towards Alvarez which has nothing to do with ''155 or Lil'G'' really just comes from Mexican boxing rivalries. I could'Ve sworn there's even audio commentary of Nelo and Marquez going at it on Mexican radio during the Baldomir camp. Also, Chavez Jr. was calling out Alvarez 2013, and Chavez Sr. supported any ''selling'' his son was trying to do.

I still don't see, style wise and skill, how Lil'G can beat Alvarez. Lil'G is going to gas out...

If you really can't,then then you must be overestimating Alvarez, and underestimating golovkin. Either that,or it's an attempt at trolling.

Comment

Probably for every 1,000 Mexican-Americans or Mexicans who hate Canelo, 1 million like him. Not everyone is going to like you, and Canelo's style doesn't help. He's a poised, patient, boxer-first mentality having professional. If he was more like Margarito, like a face first brawler with lots of flaws and vulnerability, and smiling when he gets hit he'd have been loved by more people. But doing numbers like 300-350k with Lara, Angulo shows all you need to know about his fanbase, they are there and they are loyal and they will pay for his PPV fights. I rather be Canelo, hated by some but the one's who love me would pay for me. Rather than loved and praised by millions but when it's time to pay $60 to watch me the love becomes superficial and the million fans turn to 5 digits.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
              [/B]
              If you really can't,then then you must be overestimating Alvarez, and underestimating golovkin. Either that,or it's an attempt at trolling.
              Really?

I see Alvarez doing combos on heavy mitts vs Lil'G just practices 1 time hooks and resets.

One dude is 25. The other 34....

One has slicker defense. I know it's sad that Lil'G is getting older for some, but what can we do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Probably for every 1,000 Mexican-Americans or Mexicans who hate Canelo, 1 million like him. Not everyone is going to like you, and Canelo's style doesn't help. He's a poised, patient, boxer-first mentality having professional. If he was more like Margarito, like a face first brawler with lots of flaws and vulnerability, and smiling when he gets hit he'd have been loved by more people. But doing numbers like 300-350k with Lara, Angulo shows all you need to know about his fanbase, they are there and they are loyal and they will pay for his PPV fights. I rather be Canelo, hated by some but the one's who love me would pay for me. Rather than loved and praised by millions but when it's time to pay $60 to watch me the love becomes superficial and the million fans turn to 5 digits.
                Margarito is a poor example imo, I mean no disrespect. Mexican Boxing Fans think of Julio Cesar Chavez or Marquez who don't smile when getting hit.

Comment

Most people hate when fighters get hyped to the heavens kind of like Rousey. They always talk about how good he is but for the people who follow boxing they see nothing special. Those are probably the ones who hate him

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Roidquez? LMFAO, you say this and you have a picture of a proven (despicable) cheat as your avi. Canelo doesn't represent like Marquez. Id bet my left nut if Marquez were in Canelos place hed already have the fight with GGG signed. He might not, and may not have won all his big fights but he still fought and came to fight, oh yeah and he knows how to finish a fight, unlike Canelo.
                    You sound more like a maricon -- Puerto Rican. Margarito beat your papi Cotto, deal with it. You ain't no Chicano, if you are, you're a malinche. WTF are you doing fighting a white mans war for puto? Marine? More like a maricon. Fahk ROIDquez, it's evident that cheat is jealous of Canelo. Roidquez ducked Tijuas finest -- Erik Morales. So don't come here talking about Roidquez would have fought ______.

Roidquez is nothing compared to Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
                      You sound more like a maricon -- Puerto Rican. Margarito beat your papi Cotto, deal with it. You ain't no Chicano, if you are, you're a malinche. WTF are you doing fighting a white mans war for puto? Marine? More like a maricon. Fahk ROIDquez, it's evident that cheat is jealous of Canelo. Roidquez ducked Tijuas finest -- Erik Morales. So don't come here talking about Roidquez would have fought ______.

Roidquez is nothing compared to Canelo!
                      Gtfoh here homie im 100% Chicano from Southern Califas. Margarito went out like a Maricon against Shane like a pendejo with a smile on his face with no plaster which proved hes a cheat. & if u knew me u would know theres nothing white about me pvto, I fight for Raza & u probably dont even have the strength to jack yourself off. U sound like a lil pito Filipino #ko6 is better than Margaritos entire career losing to PR's like santos cuz he aint got no skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X