No announcement yet.

Who quit worse? Ortiz or DeMarco?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who quit worse? Ortiz or DeMarco?

The more I think about this fight the more pissed I get. I can't believe DeMarco went out like that. He didn't even bother showing up and then on top of it all he actually quit.

I never in my wildest dreams thought he would quit.

At least Ortiz gave a strong performance before quitting. DeMarco went out in a whimper.

Showed a helluva chin though. I'll give him that. Hopefully the kid can regroup and come back stronger.

As a matter of fact, I'd hesitate to say that DeMarco is even a real Mexican after last night.

I'm pulling his card.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
      The more I think about this fight the more pissed I get. I can't believe DeMarco went out like that. He didn't even bother showing up and then on top of it all he actually quit.

At least Ortiz gave a strong performance before quitting. DeMarco went out in a whimper.

Showed a helluva chin though. I'll give him that. Hopefully the kid can regroup and come back stronger.
      When I was watching the fight DeMarco was losing early rounds but he was doing good so to speak THEN he got hit with the left a couple times and was just was scared to throw in fear of what was coming back.

He knew he was down on the cards and I could tell he wanted to just bull rush Valero but he knew Valero hit to hard so he was afraid to.

The Ortiz quit job was worse because he actually had sucess and dropped the guy 3 times.

Comment

Ortiz's quit was worse because he prolly would've won that fight by just boxing a bit more. demarco couldnt do anything vs. valero IMO so it was pointless to continue.

Comment

I would have to say Victor. He was still winning that fight, and could have probably still won that fight, but for no apparent reason...just decided he wanted no more. Demarco was never in that fight, and was taking a beating every round...leading to the corner making the right move in stopping the fight.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I'd hesitate to say that DeMarco is even a real Mexican after last night.

I'm pulling his card.

Yeah, DeMarco's performance was ****ty, but with the whole open scoring thing, they knew he couldn't win and was taking some bombs, and he obviously wasn't gonna KO Valero. So you can almost justify his quitting, not his performance, though.

Ortiz on the other hand, had a serious shot at winning the fight, he dropped Maidana what, three times? He was doing pretty well and then didn't want to get hit anymore. Had he kept fighting he probably could have won, DeMarco could not have, well, it was highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
              When I was watching the fight DeMarco was losing early rounds but he was doing good so to speak THEN he got hit with the left a couple times and was just was scared to throw in fear of what was coming back.

He knew he was down on the cards and I could tell he wanted to just bull rush Valero but he knew Valero hit to hard so he was afraid to.

The Ortiz quit job was worse because he actually had sucess and dropped the guy 3 times.
              I think Jreck was right. He told me leading up to the fight that he thought DeMarco wasn't ready yet.

He looked like a guy in over his head last night. When he let his hands go he did good, but he was totally scared to throw.

Comment

Ortiz quit worse because the fight could of gone either way for him he could of knocked out maidana but, he ended up quitting.In the other hand DeMarco was losing almost every round and was hurt he wasn't gonna get a decision so he would of lost eventually.

Comment

has to be ortiz as demarco was getting hit with some huge shoots and was in pain near the end and also that stupid wbc scoring system cant have helped knowing he needed a ko to win.i think the fight came too early for tony as he just turned 24 he looked very cagey last night as well like he is being forced to box and not brawl.in the end though i dont think we are in any position to judge fighters on what they do just getting in a ring takes some balls never mind taking a beating and continueing on

Comment

he wasnt even responding to his trainer after the 8th

just admit it, Valero is better than you give him credit for

Comment

Working...
                    X