No announcement yet.

Protrade suggests that Hank Aaron and other oldtimers Juiced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    I don't deny there was rampant juice in body building. Steroids originated in the body building world, those are the guys who first started widespread use, along with the East German women in the olympics. I never said Aaron couldn't have used steroids, he could've. The fact that His body never went through massive changes like Bonds and McGwire, the fact that his power numbers were so consistent throughout his long career are the main reason I don't think Aaron used steroids.

Now go over to your 9/11 conspiracy website and

This is more reasonable that your other stuff. I didnt say I believe for sure he did either. I just think it is reasonable and not a conspiracy at all. The facts are some drugs were available at the time and also someone from his team at the time admitting to the drugs being around so you have people on his team at the time with the drugs. Its not a huge leap of faith to think he could have taken some of what was available at the time.

And like I said a billion times, he wouldnt have had the huge muscle growth that bonds and mcguire had because the drugs he would have used wouldnt be anywhere near what the guys are using now. Which is why I brought up body building to compare the effectiveness of the drugs of Aarons time period versus the drugs today. The baseball players are on much more drugs today and train different using more weight lifting in their training than the did then. So its completely plausible that Aaron could have taken steroids or amphetamines without a huge noticeable change in appearance.

Comment

Greenies are more like adderal. I think you make too many excuses for their cheating. And Bud Selig is a twat for not taking any responsibility for this. Honestly my interest in baseball has decrease b/c of this and the way they allow big market teams to spend money. Before the 94 strike there was relative parity in team salaries.

Check out this link, you will find it interesting:

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/b...s/default.aspx

Look at the salaries pre and post strike.

I still love going to royals games, getting the eight dollar seat, sitting where I want and watching good MLB baseball. The Royals have a 72million dollar payroll this year, by far their highest.
      Greenies were still performance enhancing. Without them some of those guys weren't going to have the energy to play day after day in the grind that is the Major League season. As for excuses I guess I don't look at it as that hardcore of cheating as some people do. Their is still too much of a mental aspect of that game that no drugs can help out. You either have it or you don't. Are those numbers scewed of course, but you could also question Babe Ruth. For the first few years of his career they counted HR's that were ground rule doubles. He didn't play agains the best black and latin players in the world. It's another era of baseball.

I'll always love baseball no matter what. It was my first love in life and the game is bigger than any one player. I don't think the steroids issue has really hurt baseball. People still go and some places are doing as well as they ever have with revenue and attendance. You mentioned the bigger problem though. I know I have not been on your side in the past on this subject, but it's mostly to give you ****, because baseball is capitalism at it's finest, but your right it's unfair for small market teams. They could be good one year and that's about it, but can't never really have the longevity the Yanks or Sox can have. They just can't because they can't afford it. IMO that's what hurting baseball more not the steroids. The steroid situation is something for the media to talk about for weeks on end and to see people go down.

Comment

I know Bill Lee admitted to doing acid.. both times he pitched perfect games..

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          I know Bill Lee admitted to doing acid.. both times he pitched perfect games..
          Yeah Doc Ellis did the same thing for the Pirates back in the day. Pitched a no hitter while trippin balls. Who knows how the hell he did that.

Comment

Haha, I've heard this. I think you are little confused on the perfect game concept, but I have heard he pitched on acid.

I've done acid probably ten times or so. The **** I did was in the gel tab form and was very potent. I can't fathom going out in front of thousands of people and performing a highly coordinated skill so well. Acid was by far the most mindphucking drug I've done.

Welter, do you like hockey? I don't follow it but enjoy live games. I think I'm going to go catch a Blues game this week. Live NHL is fun.
            I became Tony Hawk on my skateboard when I did acid.. the difference between my skills straight and sober was astounding.. On acid I could anything.. No ****..

Hockey is the best.. Live games are great fun... Puck bunnies are usually the "dirty" girls as well..

Comment

Working...
            X