No announcement yet.

You know you're a boxer when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    i was at some beach trip a few days ago and while i was in the sea i was shadow boxing like ali used to in the water lol

also bobing and weaving to avoid hitting a tree branch at times
    Yes..

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    you know that you're a boxer when you wake up sore from the nights work in the gym. You think back to the gym last night and the last thing that you can remember is gloving up to spar. Other than that you recall working the heavybag for a split second and then realize that you must have driven yourself home from the gym as you do everynight. But you don't recall a thing about the trip home. You do however remember looking in the fridge for a piece of cheese before going to bed, but other than that you don't remember anything. You then stretch with these thoughts still running in your mind as you strap on your running shoes for the morning run. Still you can't find the missing time but you are certain that you'll be found in there the next night doing it all again............Rockin'
    Lol...never had a blackout... But I did get my ribs cracked by a heavyweight... Favored my right side for weeks in sparring. One particularly ferocious Match had me coming down with a high fever and the shakes when I got home.

Originally posted by Juof View Post
    any1 here use thier footwork to manouver around busy crowds? not like actual bouncing about but you side step etc?
    Yep..

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
    before i take a shower, i undress, acting like im at a big time weigh in. i even pose in the mirror. ridiculous
    Haha yes.

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
    you know your a boxer when...

you think your better than the general public, like you have more character, discipline and class as a human being/man. but then your humbleness keeps this all in check, but its a constant struggle to balance it all out
    Classic

Originally posted by PitbullParsons View Post

When something is falling out of the corner of your eye and you snatch it without looking because you have the hand speed and coordination.

Laughing at body builders and weight lifters thinking they're tough while knowing you hit harder and faster.
    Thumbs up.

You know you a boxer when you don't carry a firearm because you know "these hands" and your heightened awareness can bail you out of any situation. That and faith.

When you fear no man that lives or breathes... There's a way to chop em ALL down.

When your trusty old heavy bag in your home gym is rigged with a heavy grade climber's carabiner because you already done broke the original hook for it

When your wife knows the best possible gift for you on birthdays ect is something to train to fight on.

Comment

Well this has been unearthed. Seems like 2012 was yesterday.

Comment

Random combos all day. I'm a cop so I have to pull over somewhere where no one's around !

Comment

Also black eyes from sparring at work are always fun

Comment

Working...
          X