Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your money saving tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found getting a job that pays over $100k a year made it quite easy to save money.

Comment

I stopped buying coffee and oatmeal from Starbucks on a daily basis, and started making my own at home. Saved me about $50 per week/$200 a month.

I also started packing my own (healthy) lunch and saved $10 per day/$280 per month.

My friend made me put that starbucks/lunch money in my savings accousnt for two months and I was amazed how much I saved. She was right...

About $480 to $500 saved each month. That's almost a car note!

Comment

It is the little things that add up and can create good habits.

Initially I stopped buying lunch and just packing my own, was healthier, better, and cheaper.

Then when I was at work I would do sites like Amazon mturk and answer surveys and stuff in my downtime usually would make about $10 extra day so I was effectively making an extra dollar an hour working.

Then my student loan payments came up and my bank account took a hit. To alleviate this I started working at the bar I used to and used the money from there to pay off my loans. Then I realized I had so much extra income I'd rather do something with it then let it sit so I started putting money away each month for investments.

It has been working well that I have decided to save up some more money to start my own side business.

Comment

i just dont buy innecesary food, i used to right the bus but f that im not that poor

Comment

Working...
          X