Mares vs. Moreno - Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares vs. Moreno - Who you got?

Let's hear your predictions.

I think Moreno will do well in the early rounds, mostly out-boxing Mares from the outside. Mares will have some moments early with some flurries though. Mares' pressure will start to get to Moreno by round 5 or 6 and he will begin to walk through Moreno and finish him with a stoppage somewhere between round 8 and 10.

A lot will probably disagree, but I am really hoping that Mares stomps out boring ass Moreno, boxing needs more people like Mares, willing to go to war and fight anybody. Warrrrr Mares!
    Mares
    34.62%
    Moreno
    65.38%

Moreno is going to look great and win 9 clear rounds. I like to watch Mares, but I don't think he's any better than good, maybe pretty good.

And I disagree that Moreno is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Moreno is going to look great and win 9 clear rounds. I like to watch Mares, but I don't think he's any better than good, maybe pretty good.

And I disagree that Moreno is boring.
      Agree with everything you said.

Comment

I think Mares will pose some problems with his pressure but Moreno will outbox him to a Unanimous Decision.

Comment

Moreno's power seems to have improved, or he's sitting on his punches more, whatever the case may be I do see Mares getting tagged hard and Moreno winning a clear decision. I've become less and less impressed every time I watch Mares, too wild and reckless for my liking. Abner is someone I thought was gonna be something special but now

Darchinyan fought an extremely competitive fight with Mares, out boxed him for long stretches and we all know Vic has minimal boxing skills, I'm not one for triangle theories but I see a boxing lesson lurking.
          Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Moreno's power seems to have improved, or he's sitting on his punches more, whatever the case may be I do see Mares getting tagged hard and Moreno winning a clear decision. I've become less and less impressed every time I watch Mares, too wild and reckless for my liking. Abner is someone I thought was gonna be something special but now

Darchinyan fought an extremely competitive fight with Mares, out boxed him for long stretches and we all know Vic has minimal boxing skills, I'm not one for triangle theories but I see a boxing lesson lurking.
            So excited for this fight. This is Moreno's time to shine.

I considered the Darhcinyan fight his coming out party, I'm hoping this one will be.

Comment

I think this will be a tricky fight for Mares. Moreno is tricky and I think he can grind out a UD

Comment

Moreno should win. He's just better in my opinion.

Comment

Fan of BOTH...but Moreno by UD...too SLICK, too CLEVER, too SKILLED....JUST TOO GOOD OVERALL

But Mares will make it tough

Comment

Mares needs to reunite with nacho. I'm excited for this fight hopefully mares gets the victory. Admire both guys wanting to take this fight. I'm starting to like the trend going on in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X