Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I can do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey smokin did you forget your not black.....

Comment

its possible, last year this time i could only bench 75lbs!, now i am benching 185 ,10 x.

Comment

Hey Fellas,

Just wanted to give my personal experience about when I started boxing. I'm from a weight lifting background and and have very heavy bones. I'm 6'3" I'm currently 17stones 3 pounds and have a personal best on the bench of over 360 pounds. I also play a few other sports and was always told I have a really powerful punch because I generate a lot of power from my legs and hips.

So here I am anyway joining the boxing gym and the trainer did an assessment on me and just got me to work on the focus mitts with him. Man I was gassed like a ***** in 60 seconds!!! He said to me, yeah you've got a ton of knockout power but for every punch I throw I'd get hit about 8 times! lol Basically I'd swap my size for speed anyday!!! It doesn't matter how big and powerful you are or think you are, I think if you come up against a good boxer you'll get a good beating! So for any of you young meat heads joining boxing gyms thinking you'll be the man up in there, think again! You'll see 10 year old kids putting you to shame. I bet they can last much longer throwing punches than you! Its the most humbling experience!

You see so many meat heads walking on the streets thinking they're the tuff guy. Joining a boxing gym is such an eye opener as to what it really takes to be tuff! Nothing I've ever done comes anywhere near the intensity you have to go through in boxing.

8 weeks on and I'm making good progress and loving every minute of it as I've got some really good coaches who take an interest in me and really wanna see me improve and try and master the sweet science!

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
          Frank Bruno couldnt take a punch.

End discussion.
          Frank Bruno fought Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis, and took a few punches before being stopped. There's hardly many guys with that sort of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
            Hey Fellas,

Just wanted to give my personal experience about when I started boxing. I'm from a weight lifting background and and have very heavy bones. I'm 6'3" I'm currently 17stones 3 pounds and have a personal best on the bench of over 360 pounds. I also play a few other sports and was always told I have a really powerful punch because I generate a lot of power from my legs and hips.

So here I am anyway joining the boxing gym and the trainer did an assessment on me and just got me to work on the focus mitts with him. Man I was gassed like a ***** in 60 seconds!!! He said to me, yeah you've got a ton of knockout power but for every punch I throw I'd get hit about 8 times! lol Basically I'd swap my size for speed anyday!!! It doesn't matter how big and powerful you are or think you are, I think if you come up against a good boxer you'll get a good beating! So for any of you young meat heads joining boxing gyms thinking you'll be the man up in there, think again! You'll see 10 year old kids putting you to shame. I bet they can last much longer throwing punches than you! Its the most humbling experience!

You see so many meat heads walking on the streets thinking they're the tuff guy. Joining a boxing gym is such an eye opener as to what it really takes to be tuff! Nothing I've ever done comes anywhere near the intensity you have to go through in boxing.

8 weeks on and I'm making good progress and loving every minute of it as I've got some really good coaches who take an interest in me and really wanna see me improve and try and master the sweet science!
            I do powerlifting+boxing+track and it all evens out and I would never drop any of them because I think they all contribute to eachother. And in my opinion you were gassed because your cardio was ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage* View Post
              I do powerlifting+boxing+track and it all evens out and I would never drop any of them because I think they all contribute to eachother. And in my opinion you were gassed because your cardio was ****.

I didn't do powerlifting, I did bodybuilding and many bodybuilders have limited cardio. I don't need you to tell me my cardio's ****, I knew that for myself! I've never heard of a bodybuilder or many other people who started boxing and were able to throw non-stop punches for much more than a minute.

Comment

by july i think you'll be able to at most hit 245

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                  I didn't do powerlifting, I did bodybuilding and many bodybuilders have limited cardio. I don't need you to tell me my cardio's ****, I knew that for myself! I've never heard of a bodybuilder or many other people who started boxing and were able to throw non-stop punches for much more than a minute.
                  Maybe not just starting but it can be incorporated. Ever hear of Franco Columbu? Bodybuilding Champ and Amateur Boxing Champ

Comment

Working...
                  X