Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Users Boxer Rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a pretty good idea. I dont know if it would work though as there's a lot of agendas here.

Boxingscene has it's own divisional rankings compiled by Cliff Rold though. They are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Respectfully, the notion that you would support penalizing a fighter that wins a fight because it isn't what you want is the exact kind of logic you told PBP you want to eliminate. You nor I will never completely know why fights we want don't get made. To vote with that in mind makes little sense. Fanboyism has many forms-the boxing hipster/truther/purist is as bad as the *******/***** when they use unsubstantiated personal belief instead of a set of criteria/standards.

Again, i'm all for your idea. IMO it works best if the foundation is wins and losses. then factor in "quality" as a measure of ranking 2-10 with the lineal champ remaining #1, even if its a Cotto or Stevenson situation where popular opinion differs from reality.
      I didn't say he would be penalized, just that he wouldn't necessarily automatically remain #1.

The point here is proving who is the best at a given division. Fighting an unranked guy and losing doesn't hurt him, but also does nothing to help Danny.

Say if numbers 2 and 3 fought a week later, it might be the general belief amongst posters that the winner of 2 vs 3 should earn the right to be voted the #1 fighter, since the most recent win by the #1 fighter does nothing to merit his status.

What if Danny doesn't fight LP next? or Mattysshe even? How long should he keep his #1/Champion status?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        It's a pretty good idea. I dont know if it would work though as there's a lot of agendas here.

Boxingscene has it's own divisional rankings compiled by Cliff Rold though. They are pretty good.
        There would be a lot of hurdles, but I'm confident that the amount of people who would want to make it work would outweigh the trolls/people with personal bias towards fighters

Boxingscene has great rankings. It'd be nice to have a ranking system for the fans to be able to petition and vote something they don't like. The results of a fight deemed to be a robbery by the majority of posters, competition level, frequency of fights...all criteria to be taken into consideration.

We're the ones who watch the sport, who pay for it. We don't need to be told who is the best, we can decide for ourselves.

Comment

Good idea but there's a lot tards here.

Comment

No terrible idea and it could be easily manipulated... bad, bad idea it will never work and it will never happen and thank god for that.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              I didn't say he would be penalized, just that he wouldn't necessarily automatically remain #1.

The point here is proving who is the best at a given division. Fighting an unranked guy and losing doesn't hurt him, but also does nothing to help Danny.

Say if numbers 2 and 3 fought a week later, it might be the general belief amongst posters that the winner of 2 vs 3 should earn the right to be voted the #1 fighter, since the most recent win by the #1 fighter does nothing to merit his status.

What if Danny doesn't fight LP next? or Mattysshe even? How long should he keep his #1/Champion status?
              Until he loses the lineal title. That has to mean something. I understand your point, but by that token would Matthysse get dropped for fighting an unranked guy in his comeback fight after losing to Danny?

Its definitely going to take some time to work everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Until he loses the lineal title. That has to mean something. I understand your point, but by that token would Matthysse get dropped for fighting an unranked guy in his comeback fight after losing to Danny?

Its definitely going to take some time to work everything out.
                Yeah perhaps too much time, especially dealing with the amount of people's opinions here and trying to hear the case made for all the different fighters at all the different weight classes.

It'd be cool to have a universal ranking system that most of us agreed on, and any legitimate appeals could be considered and voted on for placement of certain fighters.

I personally would trust a user created ranking system over a profit driven sanctioning body, or a magazine.

My point with the whole thing is that the fans should be the most credible people in determining who falls where. (I'd love Rockin's opinion right about now )

Example, there's Tunney who knows his Heavyweights, and while he has his love for the K bros, I'd be interested in his rankings for HW's before Dan Rafael or Kevin Iole.

Comment

Working...
                X