Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGS5: Ground Zeroes reportedly has less than a 2 hour campaign - Kojima strikes again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGS5: Ground Zeroes reportedly has less than a 2 hour campaign - Kojima strikes again

According to a preview of a near-finished build in the latest print edition of Game Informer Magazine, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' campaign can be completed in two hours.

As reported by Kotaku, Game Informer finished the main mission in the prequel to Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain in "less than two hours," although it's important to note this did not include side-quests or extra modes.

Earlier on in the month, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima said the prequel serves as something of a "tutorial" for the main game, and has a "relatively small field" in comparison. The Phantom Pain, he has promised, will be "hundreds of times larger."

Last year, Kojima explained that the full version of Metal Gear Solid V was split into two as a result of the release of PlayStation 4.

"Metal Gear Solid V is going to be a huge, a massive scale game," he said. "So the development is taking some time. That said, PS4 is launching now and it's big."

Kojima wanted to put his game in players' hands sooner than later. "A lot of people have been asking for a new Metal Gear Solid experience, so we at least wanted to release a prologue so that people get to know what people will be, experience a chunk of the story. So that guided our decision to move forward at this time."

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will launch on March 18 in North America at $20 USD for a digital PS3/360 download, and $30 USD for the retail version.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available for download at $30 USD and $40 USD at retail.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...xtremely-short

This might backfire.

Imagine the amount of people that will play it in an evening then take it back the next day and be able to get a full refund. That's what my intention is going to be.

Comment

I'll wait for the GOTY Super Special Omega Edition of MGS5 that has Ground Zeroes with it.

Comment

Most expensive demo of all time.

Comment

leave kojima alone the guy is a ****in legend

mgs5
          witcher 3

only two games im hyped about

Comment

So?

If you're not an MGS fan don't buy it. Simple as that.

Nobody said he had to give us a sneak peak, but for those who can't wait a year and a half for phantom pain, at least we get something.

I'm picking this up day one.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              So?

Nobody said he had to give us a sneak peak, but for those who can't wait a year and a half for phantom pain, at least we get something.

I always think that's a bad strategy if you price something to the point that only hard core franchise fans will buy it you miss out money in the long run with the rest of the people who wanted to give it a try, or never got into mgs franchise, and could have to jumped in at any point (such as myself). A quick demo would have been a perfect taste of what to expect this gen maybe get everyone hooked not people who are already hooked.
              Last edited by DannYankee; 02-05-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                So?

you do kind of need to play it to get the full experience Kojima said its a prologue kind of like the tanker chapter in MGS2

Comment

I don't know I just don't mind Paying 40 Dollars for a Next Gen Metal Gear. 40 is nothing.

I played through the whole series now and Hideo Kojima hasn't made a bad game yet.

If you think it's too much then just wait a month or two until the inevitable price drop.

Comment

I can't believe Kojima is still wasting his time with this shît.

Comment

Working...
                    X