Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know who I would bet on just yet..But if Trout can take Cotto's power,I like his chances...

Comment

I'm not sure yet. Trout is an excellent boxer who shouldn't be judged by only the Delvin fight. But Cotto typically fairs better against boxers. The fighters that gave him the most problems are pressure fighters with high activity levels, Floyd being the exception.

This should be a good fight though. Props to Cotto for taking on a young, prime, hungry highly skilled undefeated champion.

Boxing needs more Miguel Cottos. That's for damn sure.
      Last edited by -PBP-; 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        You have a billion?
        Yes I do....you in or not?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          So you weren't expecting a triangle theory?

And I guess Daniel Santos and Wolak are there or there about the same level. Including the version Foreman fought.

Rodriguez is still a better fighter than Foreman though IMO despite Foreman's Title.
          No Daniel Santos is a better fighter than Wolak and much more accomplished at the weight. I don't see Wolak beating a prime Margarito.

Foreman had a better resume than Rodriguez at 154 when Cotto fought him so it's a better win period.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
            Jesus H. Christ, HOW in the HELL is this poll so one sided?! Trout is a VERY skilled boxer, with a difficult southpaw style and very good footwork. I was expecting to see Cotto leading on the poll due to his fight with Mayweather and how much more popular he is than Trout, but my god NSB, I expected more from you.

IMO, Trout is a HORRIBLE style match up for Cotto, even WORSE then Mayweather. Given his southpaw style, how rangy he is, and his boxing skills. Given what I've seen most of the posters say about Trout on here, I thought they knew how good Trout was, I didn't expect this kind of poll, whatsoever.

I think Cotto could win, but I favor Trout to win a competitive UD. I think that Mayweather fight is weighing to hard on peoples minds, combined with the fact not enough people know about Trout.
            I think because we may be looking at another Cotto/Quintana type of fight

Quintana was a quirky lefty who has good boxing fundamentals and good pop. If Cotto can come in with that jab, close the gap and chop down the body, I'm not sure how Trout will hold up. Trout's a very good fighter though, so I expect this to go the full 12. If Trout does fold, it'll be in the championship rounds.

Comment

I think Trout will find himself in deep waters just like Joppy did with Trinidad. He will come in with a plan but when he starts getting tagged left and right, he will get confused, frustrated and that will doom him. The fight plan will go out the window and he will get stopped mid-late fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Delvin Rodriguez was in the Top 10 also, coming off a very impressive win over Wolak who was also a Top 10 JMW, coming off a very impressive stoppage of Yuri Foreman who was still a Top 10 JMW at that time.

What makes Yuri Foreman so much better than Delvin Rodriquez? I'd like to now.

Rodriguez is by no means worlds better than Yuri Foreman but they are at the very least the same level of fighter.
                A championship belt.

Comment

Working...
                X