Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto's Trainer is Not On Board With Ortiz Allegations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if berto really felt "cheated" he would demand an immediate rematch, with drug testing, but he doesn't want any part of ortiz. next time it'll be an early KO for ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Well,at least his trainer can reason.Just because someone kicks ur a$$ Berto,doesn't mean they cheated to do it.Ur stamina has always been an issue & unlike the other guys coming up in weight to fight U,Ortiz was built to be bigger than 140.Stop complaining,work on ur stamina(it's ****ty) & try again.
      No, I don't think it's simply that. I suspect that the trainer, who, 99% of the time, would have backed his fighter, was seriously influenced by what has junt ebsued with Oscar and his "rehabilitation" game, and his complete surrender and retarction. The triner has seen that a guy who is indicreet enough to make unsupported allegations, is now being taken seriously to warrant a huge law suit.

We may see, from now, that the trainer and his fighter may not be on such good terms in the future........ as the fighter will feel that his trainer "let him down".

Or else the trainer will "clarify" his remarks turning them into support for his fighter, but in a "safe" way. Maybe a lawyer's statement..... ..

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        No, I don't think it's simply that. I suspect that the trainer, who, 99% of the time, would have backed his fighter, was seriously influenced by what has junt ebsued with Oscar and his "rehabilitation" game, and his complete surrender and retarction. The triner has seen that a guy who is indicreet enough to make unsupported allegations, is now being taken seriously to warrant a huge law suit.

We may see, from now, that the trainer and his fighter may not be on such good terms in the future........ as the fighter will feel that his trainer "let him down".

Or else the trainer will "clarify" his remarks turning them into support for his fighter, but in a "safe" way. Maybe a lawyer's statement..... ..
        Sorry about the typos, careless of me.

Comment

Berto just isn't as good as he was hyped up to be. Simple as that.

Comment

I use to like, Berto. Not after this, he's a coward. Here's the thing, if you know what so called "substance" someone took just say it? If you're afraid of a lawsuit, have someone else say it or create a dummy account and leak it. Andre Dirrell backed him too, which makes Andre look like an even bigger douchebag, since he pulled out of his tourney without so much as a doctor's note. Taking a page out of the Mayweather playbook is a sure fire way, to get fans to turn on you quickly. I thought these guys were made of better stuff, apparently not.
            Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Add me...check the sig

Strong allegations to make. Ortiz just destroyed Berto in my opinion. Boxing might start doing drug testing; Floyd than started something but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                Berto just isn't as good as he was hyped up to be. Simple as that.
                eh... i think he CAN be as good as advertised. he has that explosiveness only special fighters have. his hand speed is top notch....

IMO, these are the things he needs to work on:
                • conditioning (pacing himself)
                • relax/composure in ring
                • wasted nervous energy
                • footwork/foot placement

i think if he humbles himself and really works hard, he can make a comeback.

Comment

Last edited by Boxing Scene; 06-02-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

The other thing that gets me is their constant claims that "he wasn't himself that night" or that "that wasn't berto in there".

What they're failing to realize is that the reason "Berto wasn't himself" is because of the opponent across from them that night. Ortiz's skills and determination on that night did not allow Berto to "be himself"

Comment

nobody has come out and said ortiz cheated why because berto made it up he got his ass wooped war ortiz you earned it

Comment

Working...
                      X