Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis would not have beaten Holyfield in his prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evander holyfield was a great fighter in his prime.thought he won
    second fight anyway.he could take lennox's power and would have been
    very aggesive.but lennox in his prime kills the klitco bros no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      Holyfield did not open up and go wild on Lennox like he did against Tyson and Bowe. Holyfield fought cautious, and two cautious boxers make for a boring fight.

27 year old Lennox who destroyed Ruddock in 2 would beat 93 Holyfield.
      The 93 Holyfield is when he was suffering bad from symptoms of Hepatitis. Bad example.

Edit; My bad, I think it was 95 instead ?.

Comment

Hi British Fan, which version of Lewis would you pick to decision prime (1990/92) Holyfield?

1992 Lewis? Or 1997/98 Lewis?

Comment

Yeah he'd have beaten Holyfield alright. Beaten him real good like what the Germans did to the Aussies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Hi British Fan, which version of Lewis would you pick to decision prime (1990/92) Holyfield?

1992 Lewis? Or 1997/98 Lewis?
            Well i think a 92 lewis fight with holyfield could go either way but the 97 version of lewis would be the one id pick to win a very cautious decision.Its very hard to say with this one too be honest,just like prime tyson vs lewis is a difficult pick (thought thats for different reason)

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
              Well i think a 92 lewis fight with holyfield could go either way but the 97 version of lewis would be the one id pick to win a very cautious decision.Its very hard to say with this one too be honest,just like prime tyson vs lewis is a difficult pick (thought thats for different reason)
              Prime Tyson vs any version of Lewis is a 1st round KO victory for Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Prime Tyson vs any version of Lewis is a 1st round KO victory for Tyson
                I would say Tyson by Ud. or maybe a early ko, but i'm going with Ud.

reason being, in big fights Lewis fought cautiously and i don't think Tyson would find Lewis chin. I do think Tysons speed would win him a hefty decision though.

I think it would be competative, more competative than the tucker fight. Who was 6'6 and a decent HW himself. I think he gave Lewis a good fight even when he was soft and past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I agree, I'd pick prime Holyfield over prime Lewis......but by decision.
                  I swing more towards Holyfield but like others have stated its a tough call while Holyfield didn't have one punch knockout power he definately would have beat the daylights out of Oliver Mcall and Mcall kind of exposed Lewis's chin probably from not training properly but Rahman caught him cold. Lennox is still the man and he gets alot of credit, he was the last great HW Champion the whole world misses him even Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
                    Holyfield did not open up and go wild on Lennox like he did against Tyson and Bowe. Holyfield fought cautious, and two cautious boxers make for a boring fight.

27 year old Lennox who destroyed Ruddock in 2 would beat 93 Holyfield.
                    nah man the evander holyfield of 1991 or 1992 would haved given lennox lewis all he could handle becuase emmanuel steward really helped lewis use his boxing advantages more like his jab and his reach and clinch alot while on the inside but i know that evander holyfield would haved been too much of a warrior for lennox lewis to handle or grab ahold of all night and i feel holyfield either gets a clear decision or knocks out a tired worn down lennox lewis in the later rounds

Comment

everyone acts like lennox was badly robbed vs evander in the 1st fight but i saw it and its hardly impressive...i could see how one could rule a draw...if it wasnt for compubox stats it wouldnt even look that bad.....the 2nd fight i thought lennox won....holyfield would outhustle him in his prime...anytime lennox was in a tough fight it seemed like he fought down to his competition...

Comment

Working...
                      X