No announcement yet.

Olympic Wrestler vs. Pro Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
    Yup, their sport is dwindling so much that they have been making new accounts here just to troll because there is nothing going on in their sport besides Dana White's crush on Ronda Rousey.

I'm a boxing fan first and not from that awful place sherdog.

Comment

Originally posted by theGr8test View Post

I'm a boxing fan first and not from that awful place sherdog.
      Well you have followed the exact same pattern as a sherdog troll.

1. Make new account.

2. Make a thread comparing bruce lee/mma/wrestling/etc to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
        Well you have followed the exact same pattern as a sherdog troll.

1. Make new account.

2. Make a thread comparing bruce lee/mma/wrestling/etc to boxing.
        This is my only account.

And im not "comparing". Just asking who would win a in street fight.

Comment

Ufc is dying

Comment

Again I'm a boxer first but stopping a takedown from a world class wrestler is near impossible for someone with no TDD. A takedown is more likely than a boxer one punch koing him. A wrestler can also shoot out of punching range or even just ducking a punch and than a double or single leg.

Comment

It depends. Honestly, it's real iffy an absolutely PURE wrestler vs any of the striking arts. They dont have a sense of distance and are not used to seeing strikes come at them. I'm not talking about just boxing, but the wrestler is going to eat somethin on his way in. People who have never fought another person dont realize its not as simple as just ducking. A world class fighter vs anyone no used to seeing a punch come at them will land at least once. Its just too fast, too technically sound. It's like putting n the worlds strongest man to hit a baseball from the best pitcher. He's not going to see it. Thats not the way wrestling is... They dont start off a corner awy and engage each other. The boxer (or thai fighter, kick bixer, etc) is going to throw more than one ounch before they get taken down. They'll throw first, guaranteed and will then try to create space. In a real fight to the death scenario the striker will stike at the back of the head/neck or spine as they're grabbed. Wrestling is all well and good if theyre in grabbing distance. Some people are naturally well rooted and hard to take down even by wrestlers due to timing and anticipation and this is in MMa where the "wrestlers" have other facets to set it up and real experience vs striking. Can the boxer/striker end it with what he does land is the real question.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 07-30-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                It depends. Honestly, it's real iffy an absolutely PURE wrestler vs any of the striking arts. They dont have a sense of distance and are not used to seeing strikes come at them. I'm not talking about just boxing, but the wrestler is going to eat somethin on his way in. People who have never fought another person dont realize its not as simple as just ducking. A world class fighter vs anyone no used to seeing a punch come at them will land at least once. Its just too fast, too technically sound. It's like putting n the worlds strongest man to hit a baseball from the best pitcher. He's not going to see it. Thats not the way wrestling is... They dont start off a corner awy and engage each other. The boxer (or thai fighter, kick bixer, etc) is going to throw more than one ounch before they get taken down. They'll throw first, guaranteed and will then try to create space. In a real fight to the death scenario the striker will stike at the back of the head/neck or spine as they're grabbed. Wrestling is all well and good if theyre in grabbing distance. Some people are naturally well rooted and hard to take down even by wrestlers due to timing and anticipation and this is in MMa where the "wrestlers" have other facets to set it up and real experience vs striking. Can the boxer/striker end it with what he does land is the real question.
                Good post but a world class wrestler can shoot from out of punching range and there is no way someone with zero TDD is stopping it.

Comment

Originally posted by theGr8test View Post
                  No weapon street fight 1 on 1..let's say..

HW Wrestler vs. Wlad or LW wrestler vs. Pacquaio

or like Cael Sanderson vs. Mike Tyson/Holyfield

Who wins?
                  Is the boxer Glovokin or brittle hands Floyd that makes a difference Glovokin can knock out a wrestler Floyd can't so he'll get body slammed when he's doing the shoulder roll

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Is the boxer Glovokin or brittle hands Floyd that makes a difference Glovokin can knock out a wrestler Floyd can't so he'll get body slammed when he's doing the shoulder roll
                    I posted a few boxers in my OP..

A guy like GGG vs. a same weight wrestler...I think GGG beats him in an unarmed street fight.

Comment

Gees people look how easy Toney got taken down by a long distance ankle pick hahah by old man couture. Chael sanderson demolishes any boxer to ever exist. Brock lesnar with no mma training would would eat wlad up for breakfast dude is a freak of nature in terms of speed,agility and skill. Watch a wrestling match wrestlers stay super low move a lot first jab attempt or range finder jab the boxer is gonna end up on his dome

Comment

Working...
                      X