Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the no.1 most dominant boxer in the world? (legitimate list added)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
      LOL. Go & watch the fight with mute on. Mayweather had his hands full in that fight, Chavez was throwing 90-100 punches per round...PER ROUND...Floyd was on the ropes most of the time. The fight was very similar to the Maidana bout. Floyd turned the fight around in his favour in the 7th/8th round when he went toe to toe with Chavez & got the better of him...that version of Floyd has never resurfaced till now..& this fight was back in early 2000's. Had Chavez not punched himself out in that fight...who knows he might have given Floyd his first L.

Regarding your Andre Ward post: you must have stopped following boxing since 2010 I guess. Ward dominated Arthur Abraham, Froch, Chad Dawson & Edwin Rodriguez since then. Rodriguez fight happened recently in 2013. Ward is having promoter problems right now.
      I have seen the fight plenty of times thanks.

As I said, he gave a good account of himself but by no means was Floyd "struggling". The HBO commenting made it worse than it was.

And no, he wouldn't have given Floyd his first 0 at all.

With regards to Floyd, I guess sarcasm is lost on you.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I have seen the fight plenty of times thanks.

As I said, he gave a good account of himself but by no means was Floyd "struggling". The HBO commenting made it worse than it was.

And no, he wouldn't have given Floyd his first 0 at all.

With regards to Floyd, I guess sarcasm is lost on you.
        Too bad you didn't notice that HBO were the only ones who scored the fight in favour of Floyd (by 1 round ONLY). On comparing the judges score cards later...Chavez was ahead on all cards by up to 3-4 rounds. But since you say HBO was bad...I'll take your word for it LOL.

Comment

Too bad you didn't notice that HBO were the only ones who scored the fight in favour of Floyd (by 1 round ONLY). On comparing the judges score cards later...Chavez was ahead on all cards by up to 3-4 rounds. But since you say HBO was bad...I'll take your word for it LOL.
          You must be confused. Look at boxrec. Floyd was up on all the cards

Comment

It was CLEARLY a Floyd win on the scorecards, to say anything else is completely ******ed. Chavez was much smaller and though he tried to rough Floyd up, he missed with most of his punches and those that landed had little to no effect.

Floyd was easily picking him apart and stepped it up when it mattered.

Regardless, I don't know why you would put down Chavez, he was a good fighter and a top SFW at the time. He had good footwork too.

Comment

Seems pretty unanimous that Wlad is the most dominant fighter in boxing. Im glad NSB sees it that way, I really dont see how he could have any true competitor for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                There is a silly poster out there who created this thread while leaving out key fighters and instead adding in Tyson Fury and D.Garcia on the options list. But the idea of the thread was a good one, so let's get a legitimate poll going...

(My vote is Wlad. Followed closely by Rigo)
                It's between Wlad and GGG honestly, I can't see anyone as dominant as these two. I know Floyd may be in with a shout but I have long held the belief that physical dominance over a foe should hold some water and Floyd is rarely physically dominant. Yes he is great at getting a points win but how often has he made fighters looks as helpless as Geale, Stevens, Macklin or Wlad's almost entire list of wins since being crowned champion. Yes Wlad could be more dominant if he was a more aggressive fighter but he isn't, yet he still manages to get stoppages and most of them follow a brutal beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                  Seems pretty unanimous that Wlad is the most dominant fighter in boxing. Im glad NSB sees it that way, I really dont see how he could have any true competitor for this.
                  Who's alt are you and why are you being a nuthugger to the max?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
                    It's between Wlad and GGG honestly, I can't see anyone as dominant as these two. I know Floyd may be in with a shout but I have long held the belief that physical dominance over a foe should hold some water and Floyd is rarely physically dominant. Yes he is great at getting a points win but how often has he made fighters looks as helpless as Geale, Stevens, Macklin or Wlad's almost entire list of wins since being crowned champion. Yes Wlad could be more dominant if he was a more aggressive fighter but he isn't, yet he still manages to get stoppages and most of them follow a brutal beat down.
                    Floyd isn't fighting super feathers anymore, he's fighting guys naturally bigger than himself. Wlad has a 20 average advantage over his opponents.

Comment

Dominant based on weakness of division?

Comment

Working...
                      X