Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on Ismayl Sillakh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War TBR! He's on the hot list to join my top 10. Love his style and talent.

Mikhni showed me a video where he going one punched lucien bute style in the amateurs.

Cant wait for the henry fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      In addition the winner of that fights the winner of Pascal vs Erdei. It's a great little four man tournament ordered by the WBC.

WBC Sets Up Four-Man Light Heavyweight Tournament: Pascal vs Erdei, Henry vs Sillakh

The WBC is putting together a four-man tournament at light heavyweight to determine a new No. 1 contender to their titlist, legit champion Bernard Hopkins. The 46-year-old Hopkins won the belt on May 21, when he defeated Jean Pascal in Montreal to become the oldest recognized "champion" (and Hopkins, again, is a real one) in boxing history.

Pascal will be involved in the elimination process here, and his rumored fight with Zsolt Erdei is going to be part of the tournament. Pascal (26-2-1, 16 KO) is the most well-regarded of the fighters involved, and in the United States and Canada, the most well-known. But Erdei (33-0, 18 KO) is no pushover, despite years of criticism about his level of competition -- which was admittedly terrible for the most part -- when he reigned as WBO titleholder fighting in Germany. The Hungarian veteran, now 37 years old, is promoted these days by Lou DiBella, and has been fighting in the United States for his last two bouts.

Pascal has a tentative date on December 17, and both parties are very interested in a fight. The fight will not be picked up by HBO, as the network almost never airs fights that late in the year, due to having spent their budget by then. Showtime could possibly swoop in, and there was talk that Epix would look into picking up the fight, too.

The other semi-final fight will see Chris Henry take on prospect Ismayl Sillakh. Henry (25-2, 20 KO) has been inactive since March 2010, after a couple of wins over Shaun George and Hugo Garay, which followed a close loss to Yusaf Mack in February 2009. He's a good fighter, but somewhat inconsistent and the inactivity will certainly not do him any favors. Sillakh (16-0, 13 KO) is a very promising young fighter who had an impressive win over Cuban Yordanis Despaigne earlier this year on Friday Night Fights, and went over to Russia with the Roy Jones Jr caravan on May 21. At 26, the Ukrainian-born, California-based Sillakh is probably as ready as he's going to get to take a step up, and Henry is a very good next step.
      That's awesome news. So Sillakh V Pascal in the finals and then the winner gets Dawson. I think each one of those fights is a great step up for Sillakh and going through them will make him well prepared for next winters fight for Dawson.

Comment

Promoted by square ring( roy jones)
        He is a future champ for sure, he will be the king at 175 eventually
        Last edited by The Future; 07-23-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Sillakh will smash Henry's ugly/mean face.

Comment

Can't wait to see him fight again.

I don't know if their is a guy out there who has more fluid hands.

Comment

I've got my eye on this kid, Syllakh. He dominated a very solid Yordanis Despaigne in style on "Friday Night Fights." Talent like Ismayl's is apparent from the very first time you see him. The "Black Russian" ought to recruit fans very quickly; he's exciting to watch.

Comment

Working...
              X