No announcement yet.

Why Does Broner Get Away With Racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
    What he said was not "ignorant". The funny thing here is that you're completely IGNORANT of the definition of the word 'ignorant'. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. So basically, we're all ignorant to a degree. But please, explain to me how Broner was displaying a 'lack of knowledge' by saying what he said?
    Haven't you ever heard someone say, "he doesn't know any better"?

Comment

LOL everybody can get it except for Argentinians.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Haven't you ever heard someone say, "he doesn't know any better"?
        Please just stop. Ignorance means a lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge of WHAT? Broner knows damn well what he said was offensive (to some), which is EXACTLY why he said it. Don't give me this **** 'oh he doesn't know any better'.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
          Imagine if someone said, "I just beat the fuck out of a black MAN".
          We'd have the Black Panthers protesting outside the MGM...

Comment

He has no class about his behaviour. He is a good boxer - but he behaves like an animal with his antics.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              Please just stop. Ignorance means a lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge of WHAT? Broner knows damn well what he said was offensive (to some), which is EXACTLY why he said it. Don't give me this **** 'oh he doesn't know any better'.
              Broner simply is a wanker, he has NO RESPECT for anyone, black, white, green pink

He flushes money down the toilet, thats all you need to know about the guy

It maybe all an act, but we will never know,

However he needs to humble himself, maybe he'll get mature as he gets older and look back at this period and feel embarrassed

He reminds me of a bratty 13 year old teenager

Comment

what can you expect his mentor Floyd is also a racist. what a shame

Comment

Broner has trouble with ArgentinaCans though.

Comment

!

WTF is this nonsense?
                    Broner was clearly misquoted!

He calls himself the "Can Man", anybody CAN get it!
                    AfriCANS,MexiCANS,etc...
                    He's said this multiple times before.
                    You can clearly hear him say Africans (with a S at the end) in the clip posted in this thread.

EDIT: However, i do agree with everyone who's saying that if a non black person said "i just beat the F out of a black man" it would be a MUCH bigger controversy. Although, Broner is STILL trending on twitter this morning...
                    Last edited by downklown; 05-04-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

There's different standards for different races. That's glaringly obvious to anyone possessing half a brain cell. As was said by another poster already - if someone ever said 'I just beat the **** out of a black man', all the people in here defending Broner would be singing a very different song.

It's not TOTALLY about race though...

Low-class ghetto trash like Broner has the most leeway, because the standards/expectations for him are in the gutter. The same was true with Toney. They are scum and everyone knows it.

But if a black man who presents himself in the same way Andre Ward does, said 'I just beat the **** out of a Mexican', people would obviously be extremely shocked, because it would be so out of character. He'd be scolded.

However, if ANY non-black person, no matter their upbringing & personality, was to come out and say 'I just beat the **** out of a black man'... oh boy, would he feel the heat, especially if he was white.

Comment

Working...
                      X