Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award

Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award in New York June 4

The Boxing Writers Association of America will be having it's 85th annual awards dinner in New York City, on June 4, 2010, and for the third time in it's history, Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao is being honored as it's Fighter of the Year. Only Muhammad Ali and Evander Holyfield have won the prestigious award in as many occasions.
    Not only is Pacquiao the recipient of the award which this year will bear the name of one of the greatest fighters of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson, the newly elected Congressman of Saranggani Province, Philippines is also being awarded as it's Fighter of the Decade.
    Pacquiao's attendance to grace the ceremony and personally receive the award has been confirmed and announced through the BWAA website.
    Other winners receiving awards are:
    Freddie Roach - Trainer of the Year
    Juan Manuel Marquez & Juan Diaz - Fight of the Year
    Mills Lane - James A. Farley award for Honesty and Integrity
    Alexis Arguello - Marvin Kohn Good Guy Award

Good work Pac-Man

Congrats to the Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
      Pacquiao to receive BWAA 2009 Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade award in New York June 4

The Boxing Writers Association of America will be having it's 85th annual awards dinner in New York City, on June 4, 2010, and for the third time in it's history, Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao is being honored as it's Fighter of the Year. Only Muhammad Ali and Evander Holyfield have won the prestigious award in as many occasions.
      Not only is Pacquiao the recipient of the award which this year will bear the name of one of the greatest fighters of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson, the newly elected Congressman of Saranggani Province, Philippines is also being awarded as it's Fighter of the Decade.
      Pacquiao's attendance to grace the ceremony and personally receive the award has been confirmed and announced through the BWAA website.
      Other winners receiving awards are:
      Freddie Roach - Trainer of the Year
      Juan Manuel Marquez & Juan Diaz - Fight of the Year
      Mills Lane - James A. Farley award for Honesty and Integrity
      Alexis Arguello - Marvin Kohn Good Guy Award

Good work Pac-Man

bro. I'm actually shocked you said something positive about Manny..lol green K

btw I put it in my sig, because I'm happy for him, and will keep it there till the 4th when he receives it. I actually give other fighters props as well and I have no issues if other fans are celebratory over a fighter accomplishing things (unlike clowns like IMDAZED etc).

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

btw I put it in my sig, because I'm happy for him, and will keep it there till the 4th when he receives it. I actually give other fighters props as well and I have no issues if other fans are celebratory over a fighter accomplishing things (unlike clowns like IMDAZED etc).
        Yea I like all fighters, just dont like the nuthuggers.

Comment

congrats manny, now give me some balato!!!!

Comment

whatever what them other fans say....being meaningless and ****......this is history...........props to the PACMAN

Comment

Anybody ever been to an BWAA awards dinner? Is it worth the $200 ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

LOL @ OSIRIS trying to sneak in the cheap shot.Had to come back a new name and he didn't eve get banned .

Comment

Working...
                X