No announcement yet.

Shane Carwin Ducks VADA Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Shane Carwin Ducks VADA Testing

"Shane Carwin manager's, Jason Genet, said the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency ... doesn't have the credibility to act as a third-party testing body for his upcoming fight with Roy Nelson."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31146/carw...invitation.mma

Don't forget Shane Carwin was a recipient of steroids from Aug 2004 to Aug 2006. His suppliers were busted by the federal government and he was named in court under oath. PROOF

VADA busted Berto and Peterson. Shane Carwin knows what's up and flat out dodged VADA testing.

And to those of you who would bring up commission testing - any fighter with a brain can cycle off the roids properly and never get caught by those ancient tests.
    Last edited by Last Tribe; 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM.

Voluntary Anti Doping Agency? That name makes it sound like they have a choice in the testing. The UFC and every MMA promotion should make strict testing mandatory. Use Olympic Style Testing if they have to, just enough of this cheating already.

Or, alternately, start a separate promotion where no substances are banned, called the UDFC if you want, for Ultimate Druggie Fighting Championship or Ultimate Doping Fighting Champion. That should sell some PPVs. Like that SNL sketch years ago where they had the All Drug Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Voluntary Anti Doping Agency? That name makes it sound like they have a choice in the testing. The UFC and every MMA promotion should make strict testing mandatory. Use Olympic Style Testing if they have to, just enough of this cheating already.

Or, alternately, start a separate promotion where no substances are banned, called the UDFC if you want, for Ultimate Druggie Fighting Championship or Ultimate Doping Fighting Champion. That should sell some PPVs. Like that SNL sketch years ago where they had the All Drug Olympics.
      The organization is operating on the basis that athletes contract directly with the org. If both athletes consent to sign on to it, the org provides the service of administering the testing (randomly). Nonito Donaire has alternatively decided to be tested for all his fights. In effect, the idea is that it gives clean athletes a proactive way to start to take on the problem of doping, even if it is modest.

That's my interpretation, for more info, I'm sure that they have details at their website (in case anyone is interested).

I agree that testing should be mandatory. But there is a problem in combat sports, the promoters have no incentive to push for such testing, and the commissions are in league with the promoters. In fact, the promoters benefit from doped athletes (provided the athletes beat the substandard athletic commission tests, and they frequently do).

Comment

Why is there no incentive for testing? Are there no penalties if someone gets caught of are they not stiff enough penalties?

Comment

Why is there no incentive for testing? Are there no penalties if someone gets caught of are they not stiff enough penalties?
          What I said is that there is no incentive for promoters to wish to institute stiffer testing. All it would do is lead to cancellations. Plus, people like to see big muscular athletes. Kinda like baseball and NFL, etc.

Comment

Okay, but doesn't the use of steroids lead to more injuries later in an athlete's career? Injuries which could force a fighter out of a show and also result in cancellations? Then why not do the testing well before the show so if someone tests positive they will have time to find a clean replacement. It's just as easy to make money doing things the right way as it is to do them the wrong way. Some people just don't want to make the extra effort or would rather make a 10 million dollar profit, than a 5 million dollar one. The owners will still be doing just fine if they instituted testing. White and the Fertitas are multi millionaires, if not billionaires and will still be if they had PED testing that worked, didn't blackball fighters that criticized them and even if they weren't generally lying, douchey *******s. Must be par for the course for running a major corporation, I guess, like with boxing promoters.

Comment

I want cheating go back and watch Pride and say any different,those guys were alll roids heads.

Comment

Well I don't. Those guys were also great submission artists and hard hitting, skilled strikers. Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage hit hard and could wrestle, Sakuraba, Coleman, etc.

Speaking of which, that WOULD explain that WWE style rampage The Hammer went on after his TKO win over Shogun in Pride, when he was tossing refs and other fighters aside like ragdolls. That was some crazy stuff and one of the most memorable moments in the sport. At least he apologized afterward though. Maybe Coleman was experiencing roid rage. I remember he used to get pissed off when he was warned for illegal tactics, because he wanted to just continue fighting too.

Comment

And the testing is really called VADA? Like Darth Vada? Or better yet, like the song Veda Very Shining by Letters To Cleo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qk_4U_um9c

Comment

Well I don't. Those guys were also great submission artists and hard hitting, skilled strikers. Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage hit hard and could wrestle, Sakuraba, Coleman, etc.

Speaking of which, that WOULD explain that WWE style rampage The Hammer went on after his TKO win over Shogun in Pride, when he was tossing refs and other fighters aside like ragdolls. That was some crazy stuff and one of the most memorable moments in the sport. At least he apologized afterward though. Maybe Coleman was experiencing roid rage. I remember he used to get pissed off when he was warned for illegal tactics, because he wanted to just continue fighting too.
                    I think Coleman may have possibly been roided in some of his fights, but I don't chalk that kind of think down as roid rage. I think he's an extremely high intensity person emotionally. He did the same kind of thing after his losses to Fedor. He was however always respectful toward Fedor, and was just very upset because he had been doing well, and then lost suddenly via submission in both fights. In the case of the Shogun fight, Shogun's arm had been broken stopping the fight, but Coleman didn't realize it at the time, and thought he was being pulled away for no reason after having gained a very advantageous position.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X